• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

Organic, Eraser, and Money plastics are just blend types. They still come in varying flexes, though they are more difficult to tell online due to not being expressly labeled.

The "Soft" Wizard feels stiffer than a lot of my putters. I had a SSS Voodoo which was too much of a pancake it would bounce all around. Hopefully the SS is kinda like a Classic Blend. That's how I feel about the Organic.

The "Soft" Wizard feels stiffer than a lot of my putters. I had a SSS Voodoo which was too much of a pancake it would bounce all around. Hopefully the SS is kinda like a Classic Blend. That's how I feel about the Organic.

Soft has been renamed "Firm" and the one I have is like throwing a hunk of wood. SS seems to be more like DX/Pro D hardness on average, and I have 3S that are everything from feels the same as SS to G* level of flop.

You know, I was reading the Bead vs. No Bead thread and I was thinking to myself I prefer a bead in all aspects and wouldn't want a beadless putter. But really its more than the bead, its the Wizard. A Wizard just is what a putter is to me and if it weren't on the market, I honestly don't know that I would do.

Throw Kc aviars?

I've tried a KC Aviar and the brief time I spent throwing Ions has been my only time spent with a putter other than a Wizard. Those two would be on the short list.

Somehow I've ended up in beaded putter world. The only putters I've acquired recently have been KC Aviars, Ions, and Wizards, since I don't count the Zone. I rarely putt the Ions unless in small bag rounds, but the KC Aviars and Wizards get serious bag time and all the practice time.

I'm in STL today, maybe I'll stop by gateway and get some wizards to add to my collection. I certainly don't need them since I love KC aviar sand am currently putting beadless. Just feel like I should have them though.

I'm in STL today, maybe I'll stop by gateway and get some wizards to add to my collection. I certainly don't need them since I love KC aviar sand am currently putting beadless. Just feel like I should have them though.
...and that's how the trouble started.

Picked up a couple wizards at gateway today, one OG and one SB I think the flex is either SSS or SS. A little too flex for my liking but sweet stamps. Will be great when its cooler out. In hindsight wish I would've grabbed a firm one. But like always its super overwhelming trying sift through thousands of discs, lol. I picked up a couple proto mids and almost grabbed some of their proto putters they had. They've got a new top piece and they have put it on the warlock,wizard and magic.

Picked up a couple wizards at gateway today, one OG and one SB I think the flex is either SSS or SS. A little too flex for my liking but sweet stamps. Will be great when its cooler out. In hindsight wish I would've grabbed a firm one. But like always its super overwhelming trying sift through thousands of discs, lol. I picked up a couple proto mids and almost grabbed some of their proto putters they had. They've got a new top piece and they have put it on the warlock,wizard and magic.

New wizards?

Scale, Serpent, Iridium, and Plutonium?

I've been throwing wizards again. I took a shot in the dark and ordered a 6 pack of firms from infinite and I love them. They are on the softer side of firms (which is still rather firm), but I have been putting great. I also ordered some premium plastic wizard to drive with which I thought I liked a lot, but it is not what I wanted it to be in the long-run. It is nice and firm itself and flies great, but it is too overstable for what I wanted from it. It almost overlapped with my zone and I couldn't do putter touch shots with it. I got a Nikko to try instead and it is perfect for what I wanted from my driving wizard. It is pretty much dead nuts straight and lands flat. The thing goes far too. Really happy with wizards in general and I am not really sure why I even stopped throwing them.

I've been throwing wizards again. I took a shot in the dark and ordered a 6 pack of firms from infinite and I love them. They are on the softer side of firms (which is still rather firm), but I have been putting great. I also ordered some premium plastic wizard to drive with which I thought I liked a lot, but it is not what I wanted it to be in the long-run. It is nice and firm itself and flies great, but it is too overstable for what I wanted from it. It almost overlapped with my zone and I couldn't do putter touch shots with it. I got a Nikko to try instead and it is perfect for what I wanted from my driving wizard. It is pretty much dead nuts straight and lands flat. The thing goes far too. Really happy with wizards in general and I am not really sure why I even stopped throwing them.

Then just know now from experience that the Wizard is best suited to your playing style for throwing and to not to get the premium plastic Wizard as then you have an almost Zone disc in the bag.

No, but I will soon.
Here is what Gateway says about the proto putter
"This new top offers a smooth continuous shape from nose to flight plate in a super soft blend increasing glide, allowing for longer straighter flights with less fall off at the end. The improved aerodynamics and tighter flight lines increase accuracy keeping you closer to the basket and lowering your score."