• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

In other news...

A few months ago I sold my beloved Reko stack bc I lost the touch for them.

My cuz lent me a beat up Fossil Wiz and it was back to smashing chains.

Something about a beat Wiz just putts perfectly. It floats, barely fades and just glides right to the chains.

You know, I was reading the Bead vs. No Bead thread and I was thinking to myself I prefer a bead in all aspects and wouldn't want a beadless putter. But really its more than the bead, its the Wizard. A Wizard just is what a putter is to me and if it weren't on the market, I honestly don't know that I would do.

You know, I was reading the Bead vs. No Bead thread and I was thinking to myself I prefer a bead in all aspects and wouldn't want a beadless putter. But really its more than the bead, its the Wizard. A Wizard just is what a putter is to me and if it weren't on the market, I honestly don't know that I would do.

Closest disc I have seen that is same height and is a Focus, a US regular bead version of the Wizard with a little bit more on the glide. I think However The DGA Steady would be the closest disc to a Wizard but has a tad more glide. They even now make a Stone Steady that is a harder plastic version of the D. https://discgolf.com/disc-golf-discs/dga-steady-putt-and-approach-disc/

Throw Kc aviars?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Closest disc I have seen that is same height and is a Focus, a US regular bead version of the Wizard with a little bit more on the glide. I think However The DGA Steady would be the closest disc to a Wizard but has a tad more glide. They even now make a Stone Steady that is a harder plastic version of the D. https://discgolf.com/disc-golf-discs/dga-steady-putt-and-approach-disc/

Wizard and Focus have the same profile, but the Focus has some HST whereas the Wizard doesn't. I've used both, and am actaully negotiating for a pair of medium/softs.

Ummm I've also used both and I've found the Focus to be much flippier...even out of the box.

I wasn't throwing my baseline Foci, but my premium ones still showed a manageable ampunt of turn. I haven't thrown a fresh Wiz in a while though.

It may be blasphemous but I would say you would be throwing Ions.

I've tried a KC Aviar and the brief time I spent throwing Ions has been my only time spent with a putter other than a Wizard. Those two would be on the short list.

I don't understand how you agree with both statements when they are contradictory. Could you elaborate on what you mean?

They're not contradictory. They're both saying the Focus has more turn, i.e. is flippier, and I found that to be my experience as well.

I don't understand how you agree with both statements when they are contradictory. Could you elaborate on what you mean?

I misread Iluvs original statement...I read HST as High Speed Stability instead of turn. So he's correct and I should not DGCR while drowsy.

I misread Iluvs original statement...I read HST as High Speed Stability instead of turn. So he's correct and I should not DGCR while drowsy.

I did the exact same thing apparently. Oh well.

SD, I apologize for my lack of fisc golf reading comprehension.

I apologize for creating drowsy confusion. On another note I'll have 3 Wizs by Monday. 2 are in the mail, 1 med, 1 med/soft, and I picked up a SS from PIAS earlier. Probably won't fix my putting woes, but they do go far for a putter. I'm guessing 300' with them shpuld be easy, but I only acheived 285' earlier. Threw it massively nose up though so I need to figure that out.