• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

I am really loving mine as a thrower. I just checked and they are sold out at Gateway Underground. I picked up a couple more backups from OTB, get 'em before they are gone!

I've been snatching them up every time I come across some. I've picked up a few of the yellows, but really like the feel of the reds. They're great putters, but also great throwers.

I only grabbed one yellow and liked it out of the box. But for drives, it started to get a little squirrely on me after getting just a little beat up. I couldn't really trust it to hold the line I put it on.

The reds so far have held up very well, and continue to be good stable throwers even after showing some wear. Just like the old small-stamp S wizards I've been throwing forever. They just get more and more beat and barely change their flight. So my yellow has moved to practice basket putting duty.

My red one smashed a tree and now has zero fade... My yellow one scuffed pretty bad on a rocky course. The jury is still out on the durability.

Really liking Gateways Diamond plastic. Any experience with Diamond Wizards or platinum (new runs). I ordered some off Marshalls so if nothing I'll do my best to review and post.

Really liking Gateways Diamond plastic. Any experience with Diamond Wizards or platinum (new runs). I ordered some off Marshalls so if nothing I'll do my best to review and post.

I'm still trying to figure diamond plastic out.
I have 2 diamonds the are both 'champ-like' (completely see thru) that have a small dome. They are not my favorite. They are bricks, they don't have the glide when powered up like normal.
I also have one diamond that is metal-flaked. It is similar to the above.
Now.... I have 2 diamonds that are like matted-star plastic. You can't see through them (yellow). The plastic has a decent grip and they are tougher than nails. These fly like brand new wizards every time. They are great wind fighters, flatter than the above. They are a touch on the slick side so you get decent ground-play with them. I love these diamonds.

I'm still trying to figure diamond plastic out.
I have 2 diamonds the are both 'champ-like' (completely see thru) that have a small dome. They are not my favorite. They are bricks, they don't have the glide when powered up like normal.
I also have one diamond that is metal-flaked. It is similar to the above.
Now.... I have 2 diamonds that are like matted-star plastic. You can't see through them (yellow). The plastic has a decent grip and they are tougher than nails. These fly like brand new wizards every time. They are great wind fighters, flatter than the above. They are a touch on the slick side so you get decent ground-play with them. I love these diamonds.

The matted star sounds like the Prophecies I have. I absolutely love that material. I'm hoping the ones I ordered are with that plastic. They looked like it in the photo.

The matted star sounds like the Prophecies I have. I absolutely love that material. I'm hoping the ones I ordered are with that plastic. They looked like it in the photo.

I've also had one of those matted star-like diamond prophecies, and it felt amazing. Great grip and a little bit of flex. It was also yellow.

Love my Evo platinums for that slot. Grippy soft in the right way Fills the gap between a straight PW and my Berg. Stable, some glide (not like base wizards), lands softly.
3b4056964eb5163b70c2cec02333d98b.jpg

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I have no Wizard experience. Was checking them out on some retailer sites & there is an overwhelming amount of plastic options. My favorite putting plastic is Prodigy's 350g. What Wizard plastic would be similar? Firm flight plate & grippy. Not KC Pro slick.

I dont have a ton of prodigy experience but I would guess start with soft. Its actually pretty firm but grippy. Its also widely available.

I have no Wizard experience. Was checking them out on some retailer sites & there is an overwhelming amount of plastic options. My favorite putting plastic is Prodigy's 350g. What Wizard plastic would be similar? Firm flight plate & grippy. Not KC Pro slick.

I dont have a ton of prodigy experience but I would guess start with soft. Its actually pretty firm but grippy. Its also widely available.

FYI they stopped calling them soft and are now finally marking them firm. But I would agree that's the closest to 350g.

Are softs a flexible soft again? I putt with current firms, which are softer than old firms but similar grip. My pure whites are tackier and stiffer than my firms.

Pure whites are definately the best. Fossil is great but I haven't tried it in wizards yet.

I just picked up this pair of beautiful swirly wizards and couldn't be happier with them. Marked as "SS" with $ under it--not sure if this is the same as $$$ or something else. Great mix of firmness, a little flex, and tackiness.

They've made me decide to switch back to Wizards (it's been years). I'm putting with above pair and I've got a well seasoned SS from when I used to throw them for understable duties but I'm wondering what y'all would recommend for overstable off-the-tee wizards? I'm in New England so something that maintains its stability well would be ideal.

Attachments

• IMG_3502.jpg
    IMG_3502.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 53
I just picked up this pair of beautiful swirly wizards and couldn't be happier with them. Marked as "SS" with $ under it--not sure if this is the same as $$$ or something else. Great mix of firmness, a little flex, and tackiness.

They've made me decide to switch back to Wizards (it's been years). I'm putting with above pair and I've got a well seasoned SS from when I used to throw them for understable duties but I'm wondering what y'all would recommend for overstable off-the-tee wizards? I'm in New England so something that maintains its stability well would be ideal.

The pure whites have been making bags for that spot (they break into nice putters). I like the newer firms and newer SS also. Fossils hold their wizardry too. The opaque diamonds work well if you are looking for a premium plastic.
I hear Nikko's fly nice.

Grabbed a couple of Evolution Diamond and a couple of Evolution Platinum. I honestly cannot tell them apart. The plastic feels identical. They're both what I'd consider to be pretty domey and high shoulder. Threw one of the Diamonds today. Boy, that disc has some stability to it. Tossed it out to 250' but could have gotten more out of it if shot selection allowed. The disc easily has a fade of 3. I'm really liking it so far.

I'm excited. I have an old, un-thrown Soft on the way, as well as a mystery Wizard. I won a wiz on a FB auction. I told my guy to throw in another stiff one and doubled my winning bid. He obliged. To everyone reading this thread: You need 'a guy'. PM me if you need a good one.