• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

Those are the putters I use as well, stiff organic, same tooling. I always thought they were circa 2012.

I've had mine at least as long as that. Black mini recycle stamp.
Life is kinda funny. In 2010 I got a terrible driving Wizard in a players pack. Not as fast or as stable as a Wizard should be. I thought it was a dud. A little after that we got Ice Bowl discs. Same thing, I took a Roc instead. A few months later we got Club discs. Same thing. They were just bad Wizards. By 2012 they fixed whatever was going on with them and started making good Wizards again. The tournament and club discs I got that were not good drivers I stuck in the bag as putting Wizards since they putted and approached fine, they just were not good driving discs. Those two "bad" Wizards are going to end up being in my bag twice as long as any of the "good" Wizards I've had.

Life is kinda funny. In 2010 I got a terrible driving Wizard in a players pack. Not as fast or as stable as a Wizard should be. I thought it was a dud. A little after that we got Ice Bowl discs. Same thing, I took a Roc instead. A few months later we got Club discs. Same thing. They were just bad Wizards. By 2012 they fixed whatever was going on with them and started making good Wizards again. The tournament and club discs I got that were not good drivers I stuck in the bag as putting Wizards since they putted and approached fine, they just were not good driving discs. Those two "bad" Wizards are going to end up being in my bag twice as long as any of the "good" Wizards I've had.

Bad Wizards are just ones you haven't figured out the proper use for yet.

So a short while back I bought a 5 pack of misprint PW wizards. Upon inspection I noticed they were mistrimmed (knick in the bead) which is why I got them so cheap. I didnt care much, they feel great.

Today I finally decided it was time to rotate a fresh one in and grabbed one of my misprints. Well it's flippy. I mean my 2009 am world's clovered soft Wizard flys similarly. It's actually a useful flight and I may end up using them as my putting putters. I noticed they feel flatter which I like for putting.

My question. This is not typical of PW wizards correct, just my flat double stamped mistrimmed? I need to find some stock PWs to throw, they are a great throwing stability. Is there another current run that is stiff and stable/over-stable?
229ccde4f56c891cdf255199d9905aed.jpg

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

My three felt overstable in the hand, high shoulder, flat top. They were all lighter than marked and wore in super fast. They rip out the hand and go far. Not what I expected but good discs. Big wizard holding an orb for a stamp iirc.

So a short while back I bought a 5 pack of misprint PW wizards. Upon inspection I noticed they were mistrimmed (knick in the bead) which is why I got them so cheap. I didnt care much, they feel great.

Today I finally decided it was time to rotate a fresh one in and grabbed one of my misprints. Well it's flippy. I mean my 2009 am world's clovered soft Wizard flys similarly. It's actually a useful flight and I may end up using them as my putting putters. I noticed they feel flatter which I like for putting.

My question. This is not typical of PW wizards correct, just my flat double stamped mistrimmed? I need to find some stock PWs to throw, they are a great throwing stability. Is there another current run that is stiff and stable/over-stable?
229ccde4f56c891cdf255199d9905aed.jpg

Fossil Wizards

https://reptiliandiscgolf.com/collections/putters/products/fossil-wizard-white

Theyre not quite as firm as PWP but they're better in most every other aspect. They're gritty, tight shouldered & just fantastic Wizards.

Wanted to get a hold of some fossil lizards, scales and gilas but then I remembered I'm no millionaire and they're nowhere to be found in Europe :'(

Fossil is probably just what I want. Sounds like it will be softer than my first run fossil scales?

As with anything run by Gateway, there is variation in flex. The very first Fossils (marked TF) were G9i firm but with an amazing grip. The first RDG run of Fossil (no stamps) were considerably softer without being flexy. There was just some give in the flightplate whereas the TFs had none. Haven't bought any from any other runs.

So is this the "low shoulder" I keep hearing. Both are firm. Left is way older.

Maybe. There is a difference between a domed top and a high shoulder. That looks like a domey top. It's mostly about how it feels in the hand - high shoulders have more to get your hand around, and low shoulders feel really fast and sleek.

As I've stated to Dom and Dave quite a few times lately...the red circle chain stamped Nikko Wizards might be the best run they've ever done.

I am really loving mine as a thrower. I just checked and they are sold out at Gateway Underground. I picked up a couple more backups from OTB, get 'em before they are gone!

I just picked up two 2016 soft wizards from play it again sports. They were in the used bin for $5.99, but were brand new. Digging the "soft" plastic as I've used RFF, SS, and SSS in the past.

Latest posts