• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

I like the PW for off the tee and upshots. Right now with colder weather the grip works. When it heats up I'm going with G9i/fossil.
I like a bit more bend in my putting, Erasers and Organics are my choice.

Was there a G18i?

Gateway did some runs of "G" Series plastic a few years back as nicer runs of their baseline plastic, the G18 was like a premium/SS hybrid, G6 was premium/SSSS hybrid and G25 was a premium/firm hybrid blend, they also had stiff Eraser E25's come out around then, not too long after the whole stiffness issues with the PDGA.

Probably went a bit overboard but I ordered 2 PW, 3 Firms, and I got a Fossil Scale for ****s and giggles. Once Marshall street gets a bunch of x-outs again I will probably clean them out ha.

Earlier this year, Marshall Street had a firmness grade assigned to each of the PWPs on their site... I think they were either Firm or Soft. I bought 5 of the firms and they don't have the gritty feel that Three Putt described. I have one older run that is firm/gritty but these feel much different.

I've putted with G25s since 2015. Love that stiff blend. Wish they'd make more.

Dom seems to be doing better than before, but its a rule about wizards, find a blend you like and buy at least 5.

I stopped throwing wizards after learning this lesson the hard way in 09. This time around I have a stack of the same run of pure whites and need to get some backups for my current run "firms"

Dom seems to be doing better than before, but its a rule about wizards, find a blend you like and buy at least 5.

I stopped throwing wizards after learning this lesson the hard way in 09. This time around I have a stack of the same run of pure whites and need to get some backups for my current run "firms"

I bought 5. Got them "Stickin' Putts" stamped.

Once I realized how much I loved them (like, within a week) I tried to buy more.

There have never been more.

The one I put in in 8/2015 is my flippy putting/touchy upshot Wiz. The one I put in in 5/2017 is my main putter -- I don't throw it at all. I have three more freshy G25.

I throw any number of Fossil, S, or PW/PWP (all with Stickin' Putts stamps) as driving/upshot Wizards. The G25s are just for putting.

How 'bout them Lunars?

Each season, I like to order a fresh pair of SS-like putters for my putting putters. I ordered these based on the description, I hope they'll fit the bill.

Anybody tried 'em and what did you think?

How 'bout them Lunars?

Each season, I like to order a fresh pair of SS-like putters for my putting putters. I ordered these based on the description, I hope they'll fit the bill.

Anybody tried 'em and what did you think?

If you like softer putters you will like the Lunar Wizard. They have good grip and really die when they hit the chains.
I have some from a few years ago that I use for long approaches and short drives that i want to stop quick.

I am really happy with the 3 firms I got. The PW surprised me. Mine are slightly concave, hard as a plate, and are as slick as a plate. I was expecting them to be rather tacky but it was not the case at all. Regardless they will be fun to mess around with.

Isnt that the place in Frozen? :D Ive been thinking about a Norwegian DG trip at some point, but the future looks iffy. Järva is a sure thing, as this may be the last year it is open.

Latest posts