• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gateway

The first run of QC Illusions were the best I've ever thrown. They were Royal/Navy Blue color, flat, and flexy. They were stable to slightly understable at high speed and didn't have the huge fade at the end. He ran these in the spring or summer od 06.

All the 1st run BB Illusions were uber flippy for me. They reminded me of the srp infernos.

The one I have is White. It's really soft feeling in the hand, and flies in between a Beast and a Starfire-L. Plus it has a reliable fade at the end. My Inferno goes about 30 ft. father, but when I need a more consistent release and still get the distance I pull out the Illusion QC.

I went out to the factory back in Oct of 07 and got to run a few my self. I took two home with me. This run was stiff and domed, i should have grabbed some more but I didn't want to be greedy. If you guys have any of the stiff BB e illusions let me know I love them!!

Clizark said:
readysetstab said:
BLURR said:
Clizark said:
LMAO..... the Spirit thumber is has got me in more trouble over the years than its worth. However, The E Blaze has netted me one thumber ace, a huge deuce throw in on a water hole, and a few "flare birdies". I guess I should say that i learned to throw thumbers from schwebby a few years ago, and what he helped me develop for the shot dosen't work with spirits they roll two fast and dont stay on there backs long enough. I carry Spirits in my bag, one beat and one mint, I love them, but they are not good control/accurate thumber discs. You should try an E Blaze or Firebird

p.s I love my spirits!!!!!!!!

Dude...I totally agree on this. I get a much more consisten thumber out of the "S" or "E" Blaze. The spirit needs too much room to work its full turn.

flat spirits turn pretty quickly in the air, but after a long vertical flight. they're great for accuracy, probably not the best for distance.
domey spirits do not stay vertical as long and have a much wider turn. they do stay on their backs as long as anything i've seen and are pretty good for distance.
it's good to have a variety. clizark, you should be throwing more domey spirits for thumbers, if those are the characteristics you like. blurr, you should be throwing flatter ones.
i like flat spirits more myself. must be that accuracy crap that people hate ;)

You have never noticed the over flip on Spirits?

You are right it is the accuracy that I hate, and over the years the E Blaze has won that battle time and time again.

yes I get the over flip, actually since switching to Gateway I don't really throw them anymore, because the turn was happening too fast, compared to the ol trusty firebird... I took the time to learn the anhyzer, got that now I am re-learning the thumber, with slower disc.... I have some blazes I will experiment with.

It has been fun to learn thumber's with Gateway plastic. They don't have naything that flies like a firebird, but the e blaze is close. On a positive note e demons offer the same flight path at a slower speed, so if you like short range thumber shots they are money. Or you can throw the mix bag and keep ol faithfull :wink:

I figure I could use a demon to get out some tricky up and down situations. Will try out field testing. The only innova disc I have in the bag right now is a cfr tl I got from a friends box. Sure wish I can get the Hill country flyer TL with Evolution of Disc golf stamp I came up with... sniff sniff.

Clizark said:
It has been fun to learn thumber's with Gateway plastic. They don't have naything that flies like a firebird, but the e blaze is close. On a positive note e demons offer the same flight path at a slower speed, so if you like short range thumber shots they are money. Or you can throw the mix bag and keep ol faithfull :wink:

You do throw a wicked approach thumber with the demon.

not sure, I have s sabre's at them moment. I have been messing around with the blaze more and it is a fun thumber disc.

marmoset said:
I didn't see any posts about this so I'll ask...
How do the clear Sabres compare to regulars?

I have had a couple of days to throw some translucent Sabres so here are my findings:

Orange: more overstable than the "ice" clear ones. These fly similar to the flatter run E's.

Ice: truly stable. I am loving this one. It is flexible and extremely straight. In my experience, more glide and easy to get long fairway distance without throwing them as high as most Sabres. This will be my fairway driver this season!

I got some good use out of my Blaze today. It's the 1st time I got to play in some wind since I put it back in my bag, and really liked it. I think I'd max this thing out around the 300' marker on most days, but man does it hold a line into the wind. I threw some knife hyzers into a crosswind, and spun back like a golf ball hit with a high iron. The lack of glide made it very predictable in that kind of wind.

I'd like to recommend the Clear Evolution Elements. My previous experience with elements was a bit finicky. I'd need to baby the regular Element, and the Element-X was a bit too overstable for what I wanted (out of the box anhyzer glide without finishing left).

The Clear Evolution Element seems to hold whatever line I put it on, out to the 250-300ft range. Thrown less than 10ft high, it will glide out to 225 without complaint, which makes it great for low ceiling shots through trees. The grippy plastic let me hit alleys of which I'd normally be frightened.

Furthur said:
I got some good use out of my Blaze today. It's the 1st time I got to play in some wind since I put it back in my bag, and really liked it. I think I'd max this thing out around the 300' marker on most days, but man does it hold a line into the wind. I threw some knife hyzers into a crosswind, and spun back like a golf ball hit with a high iron. The lack of glide made it very predictable in that kind of wind.
I put an old urethane blaze back in my bag a couple months ago. It is so predictable into the wind. I threw it flat into a really strong headwind, went about 300' with a nice fade. My friend just looked at me kind of funny and kept walking. The most I can ever get out of it is about 350' but that's not its purpose.

Latest posts