• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Get Lit! (The Fuse Thread)

I'm dedicating my 1000th post to the Fuse. If you live at high altitude, you owe it to yourself to try one.

Don't know if there's anything more to add after 20 pages of Fuse thoughts, but had to chime in about the wonderfulness of this disc.

Feels great in the hand.

Both Gold & Opto plastics are stunning.

Excellent glide.

Torque on it with a good hyzer angle and watch it gracefully turn over, nice & predictable.

How does the Fuse compare to the Core? Is it meant to complement the Core, or offer a different midrange option?

I don't know why, but I carry both the Fuse and the Core. I can honestly tell you that there isn't a shot where I say to myself "oh man, only the Core will do this one". The reality is they're redundant as hell. You'll squeeze an extra 10'-20' out of the Core over the Fuse and that's about it. Medius and Fuse is a good combo, but unless its really windy the Fuse will handle all my midrange needs.

Fuse and Roc FTW. Even as a Roc gets beat and starts to overlap with the Fuse, they still have distinguishing characteristics (glide and LSS), and the molds are pretty much 0% overlap when new.

I carry the Core and the Fuse as well and have been scratching my head on certain shots as to which would be better. There is definitely a difference though and I still reach for the Core over the Fuse on a lot of stuff. I really just love both of them so much I can't kick one mold out of the bag.

I carry a Drone for mid-ranges stuff as well and obviously there's no overlap there. If lat64 comes out with something just a bit beefier than a core then maybe I'll swap out the core for that to get a more even coverage in mid range choices.

emiller3 said:
Fuse and Roc FTW. Even as a Roc gets beat and starts to overlap with the Fuse, they still have distinguishing characteristics (glide and LSS), and the molds are pretty much 0% overlap when new.

That, in my mind, is the perfect mid range combo. There really isn't a shot you can't cover with that combo.

Jeronimo said:
emiller3 said:

That, in my mind, is the perfect mid range combo. There really isn't a shot you can't cover with that combo.
Ditto, that is what I use. To be fair, I am a pretty lousy player, but I cannot pin the blame on two perfectly fine and highly complementary discs.

Monocacy said:
Jeronimo said:
emiller3 said:

Ditto, that is what I use. To be fair, I am a pretty lousy player, but I cannot pin the blame on two perfectly fine and highly complementary discs.

I think this may be where I'm heading. Lately I've been exclusively using my 2008 USDGC Rancho Thrower Roc for all mid-range duties. On my home course, that normally works for me. But for trying out different courses, having the Fuse for turning shots could be a big help. But I need to get more time in throwing the Fuse to get a good handle on it. But I'm gonna try auditioning it for a while.

The Fuse is the only one of the new discs to come out that actually managed to stay in the bag. I threw the Ion for a while, but drifted back to Voodoos. The Ion still gets thrown sometimes, but I don't like putting with them. The River came and went fairly quickly. The Nuke came and went even more quickly for me.

The Fuse is so so good, and has so much utility in the bag. I use it for probably 10 shots a round, which is waaay more than most of my discs get. Not only that, but it gets used on a variety of courses. Notice how some courses you're always throwing fairway drivers off the tee? Other courses have lots of mid shots? Some courses seem to love putters? Well, on any course I've tried since putting a Fuse in the bag, it has been consistently one of my most reliable and versatile discs and most often used discs, everywhere.

I would go out on a line and say that the Fuse is Latitude's best disc. In my opinion, their best disc by a mile.

booter said:
I agree. I love my opto too. Great for touch shots,hug annys,and with enough hyzer it'll lock into straight and glide for days. I need to try a GL. I just love my opto too much right now

It's your fault I went out and got a max weight Fuse...in pink nonetheless. Have yet to throw it but it just looks like it'll fly well.

I just picked one up in opto to test it against the meteor to see if it will make the bag. I think the meteor does a decent job but it is one of those discs in my bag where I think there must be a better fit for what I am looking for.

CHEERS - Koffee

booter said:
haha glad it didn't take much to get you to pick one up man. Throw it and get ready to love it

Threw it at Searight this morning, parked 1 under the basket. Went off the chains on 2. I think it's a keeper, especially since I misplaced my light Comet. I have absolutely no idea where I put it, I don't remember the last time I used it last week during our round and I haven't played since...

So stupid and frustrating!

Great flight and the rim feels like I can really get on it to hyzer-flip it where I can't with the Comets.

I needed a Comet replacement, because I was overpowering it and my Squall wouldn't work the same kinds of lines. So I did a head to head, Gold Fuse vs. Star Mako, a round each at my toughest local course. The Fuse won. It felt right for me very quickly, and is much easier to finesse than the Mako. I could shape it and flip it for long shots after only a couple test throws. It glides a bunch like the Comet did, I have great accuracy with it, and it stays low, too. Any plastic with all those pluses stays IN MY BAG. I freakin' love this disc.

I'll try another round with just Mako and putter to be sure, but I'm almost certain the Fuse is The One Slow Mid for me. Thanks to this thread for getting me to try one out!

Powdertoast said:
Gold Fuse vs. Star Mako, a round each at my toughest local course. The Fuse won.
Pretty much the first thing I though about when I first tried the Fuse was "It's like the Mako, but good".

Any one want the one on the left? Its 177+ and 9+/10. Its also a bit darker than the pic shows
28623_1497051709279_1323699836_31312273_2855332_n.jpg

Latest posts