• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Get Lit! (The Fuse Thread)

thanks for the fuse vs. mako comparison, I was just about to post a question about which is better.

dgdave, wish you had posted sooner, I just ordered one this morning, would have rather gotten one with a pimp azz dye on it! oh well....

jubuttib said:
Pretty much the first thing I though about when I first tried the Fuse was "It's like the Mako, but good".

NICE! Haha!

Assuming that the Mako fails to impress me on its do-or-die round (very highly probable), it'll still have a place in my disc hoard for relatively new players to borrow, along with the Comet, depending on whether they need something straight but somewhat shape-able (Mako) or need to start really learning finesse (Comet).

dgdave said:
Any one want the one on the left? Its 177+ and 9+/10. Its also a bit darker than the pic shows
28623_1497051709279_1323699836_31312273_2855332_n.jpg
trade ya a 175 field thrown S TD for it :mrgreen:

I'll raise that 175 field thrown for a 175 new! do want to try one of those out and the dye is baller!

A 178g, bright orange, very slight dome, opto Fuse took the place of 2 seasoned dx Rocs in my bag. It's a very tasty disc. Not as touchy as a comet, has a very deliberate slow turn like a seasoned dx Roc and glides incredibly well. I'd like to congratulate Lat64 on another fine disc and the opto plastic is just damn tasty.

peppermack said:
Got two from MS the other day, I have used them one round, love em. They are both optos. Do I need to get a GL too?
Yes, yes you do.

Don't think there's much of a flight difference, but I'll know for sure when I get my Opto in later this week. I just love that GL plastic...

I've been loving the Fuse as a turn-over companion to the Buzzz. It has been working great for me in that slot. However, I recently switched from the power grip to the fork grip for my mids, and it has completely changed how I look at this disc. My Buzzzes now have the completely straight flight with a reliable fade that I remembered from 290-320. The Fuse at the same range is pulling some amazingly straight to slightly turned over shots. It doesn't seem nearly as touchy anymore. I see the Fuse getting a lot more time out of the bag from now on.

Just put in a 177 Opto Fuse in my bag and it has already replaced my Z Comets. Great straight to long TO shots. Parked several 350' holes with ease and it's sooooo incredibly easy to throw straight. Has some serious float, just like the comet. Love this disc.

Just got my Fuse in the mail and took it to the field for testing. It was getting dark by the time I made it out so I only got to throw it 6 times on the last throw It took me 15 minutes to find. I was to chicken to toss it again.

My first impression of it was fun it was glidy and the lines it took were very fun to throw. I also liked the slow fade as it would be fun to throw on tunnel shots, where you needed a subtle fade.

CHEERs - Koffee

Just got a 171 bright Pink Opto in, haven't thrown it. Anyone want to trade for their 9/10+ heavy Opto? Thought I'd ask the Fuse lovers before going the B/S/T route.

got my 175 opto fuse today and it is pretty much as advertised. Hyzer flip to straight, lots of glide. Easy to turnover but not too great in headwind. I look forward to throwing this some more!!

Sadly I lost my original GL Fuse last week. However, I've quite pleased to report that my backup flies EXACTLY the same.

Anyone else have trouble with throwing the Fuse straight?

It seems to excel at hyzers and slow turnovers for me, but not straight. When I try to get a night nuts straight flight it ends up tracking to the right.

my green opto will lock into a frozen rope sometimes from a slight hyzerflip but majority of the time I use them for turnovers anyway. This is usually off the tee too.

jnecessary said:

It seems to excel at hyzers and slow turnovers for me, but not straight. When I try to get a night nuts straight flight it ends up tracking to the right.

My Fuse flies AWESOME on straight lines. Especially touch shots under 300'.

discspeed said:
jnecessary said:

My Fuse flies AWESOME on straight lines. Especially touch shots under 300'.
Maybe I'm trying to push it a little too hard. When the d drops below 300' I start thinking putter if I have the height. I have been watching a local pro master lately that never throws putters though and uses mids for all duties between 100' and 300' or so and plays great. I might be trying to push discs too far when I could just disc up and throw with more accuracy.

I'll keep using it. Played a one disc round yesterday with a KC Roc, should have used the Fuse because I know the Rocs well enough.

Lost my opto fuse Saturday. Of course because I'm the hated personality I am here, it probably won't be returned. :roll:

Loved it and I'll save up my pennies to get another. Maybe a gold line, as my opto was pretty straight...

Latest posts