• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Go with the FLOW

NoLifeLeft said:
kern9787 said:
Wednesday is the worst day of the week when you have nothing to do and you know you are getting new toys on Thursday...
Or...you get your toys on Wednesday and know you won't get to play until Saturday. :cry:
and thursdays veterans day so no mail delivery until friday :x :x

Dan Mc said:
NoLifeLeft said:
kern9787 said:
Wednesday is the worst day of the week when you have nothing to do and you know you are getting new toys on Thursday...
Or...you get your toys on Wednesday and know you won't get to play until Saturday. :cry:
and thursdays veterans day so no mail delivery until friday :x :x

You just ruined the rest of my week...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have a million FLOWs in at CDGS...Seriously, we got in something like a $6000 order in yesterday.

Anyway, I had a pick of many, many FLOWs to try. I grabbed an opaque pink opto 175 and a silver/pearly GL 175. They are both quite domey, with the Opto just a little more so. They were not however the domiest we received.

I don't have much time to write about my experiences right now, but it was a really nice disc. Initially they seemed to really die at the end of the flight, but after I took some of the flashing off they were flying awesome. They are really straight flying for how fast they are. In short, they reminded me of longer Strikers or Orcs. I'll post more later...

discspeed said:
We have a million FLOWs in at CDGS...Seriously, we got in something like a $6000 order in yesterday.

Anyway, I had a pick of many, many FLOWs to try. I grabbed an opaque pink opto 175 and a silver/pearly GL 175. They are both quite domey, with the Opto just a little more so. They were not however the domiest we received.

I don't have much time to write about my experiences right now, but it was a really nice disc. Initially they seemed to really die at the end of the flight, but after I took some of the flashing off they were flying awesome. They are really straight flying for how fast they are. In short, they reminded me of longer Strikers or Orcs. I'll post more later...

Alright, I'm back and I have more to say about this disc. The first thing I'll add is that out of all the Lat64 drivers I've tried, the Flow flies most similarly across Opto/Goldline plastics. My two have similar domes and PLH, and fly very similarly stability and distance-wise. I threw them on a couple of hyzers and then some long and straight drives. Today, they went as far as my Nukes were going, which was surprising. In approximately a 5mph tailwind they flew farther and straighter than my Nukes. I felt immediately like I was getting more of my power into them than I was my Nukes. The grip was much more comfy for me than my Nukes, so this disc has got a shot to make my bag. In the hand it is like a wider rimmed PD, Northman, or Striker...It just has the shape that I've come to trust in my hand. I was snapping the snot out them without even reaching back like I have to with the Nuke or Boss.

Both flipped up VERY SLIGHTLY from a hyzer release. I would give them perhaps a -.5/-1 in HSS, definitely a notch more HSS than my Nukes. This is a bit skewed though, as most the holes I used them on today had a slight tailwind, and I didn't get to test them into the wind at all.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the glide, controlability, and neutral stability of the Flow. When reading the description prior to release, I didn't expect to be really interested in the disc. After throwing it today, I'm very interested. It has at least peaked my interest enough to carry it around for a while and do some thorough testing. Imagine a faster and more HSS Northman, and that's basically what the Flow is.

Someone try these in a headwind. My guess is that even if they're stable enough, the massive dome will slow them down right away.

mattw said:
Discspeed what would you give it for a power requirement to get it up to speed 4,5, or 6?

I'd give it a 5...But I'd say it has a slightly higher pwr requirement than the Hurricane, which Blake's chart has at a 6 :?: .

I should probably pass. I just dont have the arm for these types of discs. I max out with a PD at a little over 300 feet. When I heard River Halo combo I was hoping for a high 4 low 5 power requirement. Thank you for the response.

I straight up threw one of the longest shots of my life today with a 171g Opto Flow at Maple Hill. It was straight redonk.

I'm looking forward to giving these things a try. I wonder if they would just take the spot my Nukes have in the bag. Otherwise, I don't see where they would fit. The Nuke only gets thrown once about every 6 times I play though, as the longest hole at my nearest course is probably like 400 ft., which means I never throw more than a PD.

One thing I noticed about the Flow was that it was not height sensitive, and it didn't move up and down on me today like the Nuke often does. I could throw it low or high and it got good distance either way. I was very impressed by how well it flew on low lines. The wing is a very TB/Orc/PD style, slightly concave and with a small/flat part at the tip of the wing. I really like the feel of that shape in my hand.

The forward penetration was phenomenal for me, and as Discspeed said it did not bounce around at all any of the times I threw it. My wicked long drive today was essentially on a frozen rope (minus the fade part) and the same height the entire flight. Not sure how to respond to this disc, don't know if it's all that needed when I already rock the Halo.

discspeed said:
discspeed said:

Alright, I'm back and I have more to say about this disc. The first thing I'll add is that out of all the Lat64 drivers I've tried, the Flow flies most similarly across Opto/Goldline plastics. My two have similar domes and PLH, and fly very similarly stability and distance-wise. I threw them on a couple of hyzers and then some long and straight drives. Today, they went as far as my Nukes were going, which was surprising. In approximately a 5mph tailwind they flew farther and straighter than my Nukes. I felt immediately like I was getting more of my power into them than I was my Nukes. The grip was much more comfy for me than my Nukes, so this disc has got a shot to make my bag. In the hand it is like a wider rimmed PD, Northman, or Striker...It just has the shape that I've come to trust in my hand. I was snapping the snot out them without even reaching back like I have to with the Nuke or Boss.

Both flipped up VERY SLIGHTLY from a hyzer release. I would give them perhaps a -.5/-1 in HSS, definitely a notch more HSS than my Nukes. This is a bit skewed though, as most the holes I used them on today had a slight tailwind, and I didn't get to test them into the wind at all.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the glide, controlability, and neutral stability of the Flow. When reading the description prior to release, I didn't expect to be really interested in the disc. After throwing it today, I'm very interested. It has at least peaked my interest enough to carry it around for a while and do some thorough testing. Imagine a faster and more HSS Northman, and that's basically what the Flow is.

I imagine you are referring to Z flat Nukes here because mine can flip on the best throws and does move up and down in the wind but my FR ESP with a mega dome doesn't. It's awesome in the headwind. I've been pining for less than Wraith fade 10+ disc to outdistance Beasts and Surge SSs on straightish lines since the first time i tried Wraiths. A long wait. Would the Flow end the wait? I imagine it would. I just wonder how it will overlap with the upcoming Westside Sword? They were hoping for a very minimal fade with it.

I finally had the chance to throw mine a couple of times and I got some really nice throws with them. As advertised, the G.L seemed slightly less stable than Opto.

mattw said:
I should probably pass. I just dont have the arm for these types of discs. I max out with a PD at a little over 300 feet. When I heard River Halo combo I was hoping for a high 4 low 5 power requirement. Thank you for the response.
give the northman a try if you haven't it my hit the spot you are looking for. I don't have the big arm either and the northman can push my rogues and riots for the longest disc in my bag.

what'shisname said:
Speaking of the halo, how would you compare the two?

I hate to make this comparison because I feel it's over used... but I would say the Halo is the Eagle and the Flow is the Teebird.

I just got back from some field testing. I took my 2 Z Nukes from my bag, and my GL and Opto FLOWs. Unfortunately my practice field is a temporary lake as the city is rehabilitating a well and flooding it. As a result I had to throw edge to edge over the water. I think this made me concentrate a little more as I really didn't want to go in the water (I still had to take my shoes off twice).

I totally deflashed my Flows last night, and this made quite a difference in flight. The GL went from just stable to a little understable, and my Opto went from overstable to stable. The glide REALLY was apparent today. It was also a little windy (5-10) and i got to throw with and against the wind. My Flows are also a little heavier than my Nukes (175 vs 173). I threw about twenty close to full power throws back and forth over the lake.

With the wind: I had my longest throw of the day (by about 20') with my seasoned Z Nuke. However, the Flows were consistently as long or longer than the Nukes, and flew on a more accurate line. The wind was a little left to right and I was ripping the discs high and turned over, letting them helix out and finish forward. The Flow (both Opto and GL) had flights that looked very similar each time. The Nukes were much more variable, sometimes turning more, sometimes fading out earlier. That freak long throw I had with the Z Nuke had A LOT of movement. On my last throws of the day I put both Flows 20' from my target, while my Nukes were left and right farther away.

Against the wind: The wind was pushing right to left, but mostly a headwind. In this situation, the GL Flow always turned and did not come back...It was still controlled and fairly long though. The first time I threw my Nukes with slight hyzer, but the crosswind picked them up and took them to the left. All three sessions against the wind, the Opto Flow went the farthest and held its line the best...It really surprised me. I turned it a little, but it fought back out while penetrating forward. The second and third times I threw my Nukes against the wind they turned over more than the Opto flow, but fought out better than the GL Flow. The didn't go very far though...The Flows have much more forward dominant action when turning and fading and are all around straighter than my Nukes.

These Flows are really "my style" of distance drivers. I love the straight and fast glide and the minimal, yet consistent fade on the Opto. I think I like the Opto a little better all around, but the GL is sweet as well. These are going to get some time in my bag for sure. I like my Z Nukes, but I'm not that attached. Time will tell which will win out, but right now I'm really excited about the Flow.

Discspeed, is it a shallow rim thats slanted like the halo, if so then yuck.

Would you compare this to a wraith? Or Katana? I guess i mean, both are long and understable at high speeds, but wraith is better in the wind (although not a great wind disc) than the Katana, Both are touchy with the Katana being more touchy but longer on a perfect throw.

*Please dont say in between :(

Latest posts