• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Good Stable-Understable Fairway Driver

maybe that discmania FD will be good for him? Nobody knows what its like yet though seeing as its not actually released yet.

I need something that starts dead nuts straight, erroring on the side of understability, that will beat into a control turnover.

I have a 175 pro Leopard I can release on hyzer that flips up straight, and stays that way.

I have a 175 champ Leopard that can do the same, but tends to be a little more stable, and fades off left, but not bad.

I can not release the Pro Lep flat, it will anny into the ground, and the Champ Lep will give a little S curve and end left.

Leopards are really great discs if you know how to use them. I no longer fear the narrow, straight, woods shots.

Champ Eagle-L way better than a leopard and goes like hell. Once you break it in it is hell awesome

Thats what I hear about the ELs but I just can't see them ever having almost 0 fade like a nicely broke in Pro Leopard. The Pro Leopard to me is as controllable as a mid; and can be finessed just as much and still stay at that 0 fade.

When I think about how long mids are getting I guess I am also starting to think the Leopard will eventually be just called a mid, just like the Stingray before it.

yeah i like the TD suggestions .. cant go wrong with Leo tho .. i myself am bias to 168ish DX Teebirds

leopard - teebird - predator

understable - stable - overstable

that's what is in my bag. Advantage is that they fly out of the box like they should. No beating in required. If you want to use just one disc in different levels of beating in, just keep throwing your prdes into walls till you are happy with em.

I think you should stay away from the TD, if your issue with TL and ELs is that you need to beat them in to get them to that nice control turnover range, getting a TD won't help you, atleast it hasn't helped me. I would run with the Leopard or try a lighter GL River(yes I know the current one you tested didn't work and I suspect its near max weight so get a 168 or lighter GL river and see if that doesnt fit the bill). But in all seriousness the Leopard is your best choice.

star TL is what i use for the shot's you described. if i need something to turn faster i use a beat dx teebird, but it's rare i need a disc that turns like that.

I think it depends how you throw your anhyzers. do you want the disc to turn, or do you want to turn the disc?

maybe that discmania FD will be good for him? Nobody knows what its like yet though seeing as its not actually released yet.

you just suggested a disc that isnt even a disc yet. the correct answer is pro leopard.

I like stalkers for this slot. Lighter ones, around 168-9 can flip up really well and when thrown straight turnover really well for me...

If this was a poll the Leopard would be far and away the readers choice. And I won't argue. Best fairway driver out there. Of the many attributes that make the Leopard so desirable for so many is its forgiveness to technique flaws. I carry 2, a 150 Champ & 175 Star. I also had great succes with a Pro Leopard until I lost it.

I think you should stay away from the TD, if your issue with TL and ELs is that you need to beat them in to get them to that nice control turnover range, getting a TD won't help you, atleast it hasn't helped me. I would run with the Leopard or try a lighter GL River(yes I know the current one you tested didn't work and I suspect its near max weight so get a 168 or lighter GL river and see if that doesnt fit the bill). But in all seriousness the Leopard is your best choice.

Yeah, the TD's seem like faster, stable ELs to me. They're straight and like to stay that way. I agree with Someth1ng here.

I will say that if you are looking to pair the Preds with something, you should go a little faster than a FW driver. I think a Valk would be perfect for you. New they're very straight and season into gentle S-curving, right ending, distance eating monsters.

Agree with pro leopard. I throw max weight and they make nice predictable long slow hyzer discs at first, and quickly beat into straight flyers that hold any line for my noodle arm.

Really surprised there arent more people saying river. The lighter weight rivers are the best turnover fairway mid I have ever thrown. Extremely versatile and loves being thrown on low lazers turnover shots for low ceiling shots

Op said he didn't like Rivers. That's probably why. If he didn't say that I would have rexcomended a 168 river for sure. I like mine quite a bit.

Latest posts