• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

Should Chris make the secondary color Black

• Yes

Votes: 78 69.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 34 30.4%

• Total voters
Steady 26542 said:
Chris, will you be at Stevens Point this weekend? I have a question about my new bag. Hope to see you there.

yeah I'm planning on being up there....Ziggy is crashin at my place so I'll be hanging with him there maybe shootin some video of him to if it's not raining

Unity said:
Any idea on when a navy spider monkey will be back in stock? I'm waiting on my tax return and figured I'd blow it on a spider and silverback, but I'd prefer to snag a navy spider monkey.

dude I'm trying as hard as I can to get stuff back in stock :wink: !!!!!! hopefully I can get some stuff cut this week cuz I'm out of all my top selling stuff at the moment!!!!

gorillaboy said:
Unity said:
Any idea on when a navy spider monkey will be back in stock? I'm waiting on my tax return and figured I'd blow it on a spider and silverback, but I'd prefer to snag a navy spider monkey.

dude I'm trying as hard as I can to get stuff back in stock :wink: !!!!!! hopefully I can get some stuff cut this week cuz I'm out of all my top selling stuff at the moment!!!!

Right on. That silverback is coming either way, but I'd love to pick up the spider at the same time.

Steady 26542 said:
Chris, will you be at Stevens Point this weekend? I have a question about my new bag. Hope to see you there.

Find the deaf guy.

There will be three of us there. Maff, Kendz, and Ziggy. Somehow - it's easier to find deaf guys on the disc golf course.

I'll be glad to introduce you to Chris if you havent met him before.

Good luck and here's to rainy days..

I'll look for the deaf guys. Thanks! I have not met Chris, but I look forward to it.

Rain is in the forcast... :evil: It's not looking good. I'm drving 5 hours for this tourney as I've heard it's a blast. I really, really hope so. :D

SRO is an awesome tourny and and even better course! but the rain is gonna make it punishing!!!!...heres to hoping the rain holds off for the rounds

Steady 26542 said:
I'll look for the deaf guys. Thanks! I have not met Chris, but I look forward to it.

Rain is in the forcast... :evil: It's not looking good. I'm drving 5 hours for this tourney as I've heard it's a blast. I really, really hope so. :D

Umbrella. Waterproof socks. Plenty of towels. did i mention socks? fresh pair of socks do wonders!!

I have never played the course either.

It's sold out to the gills. 18? extra baskets are put in for sheer temporary delights. One time special, eh?
Time to let the madness begin!!

I hate rain cuz it makes me take off my hearing aid!! and on top of that Pen and paper gets wet.. aughh..

Waterproof pen and waterproof paper cost too much and the scuba stuff underwater writing is too large to tote in my bag.

I've got one more question about the Primate series of bags. Are the bottle holders always on the same side? The Gorilla and Chimp seem to have them on the opposite side as the Spider Monkey (which is actually the side I would prefer the bottle holder on). I just wanted to make sure that all of the Spider Monkeys go together the same way so that the bottle holder would be on the right when looking at the front of the bag.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, if this is the case, is there any particular reason?

The way the bags are pitured is how they come. And no there no reason for how they are layed out different from each other its just how I made them

I bought a lightly used GB kong locally and it is great! About a year old, but you can hardly tell. Great bag! Thanks!

Alright, finally got the extra cash. I'll be ordering once your Navy Spider Monkeys are back in stock...unless the LE Bags are going to be around soon... :wink:

I bought the Navy Blue Kong bag recently and received very quick, normally things take a little longer to get to Alaska. Thus far I've been impressed with it, love all the storage space and the little extras. I bought the Phenix Quad Shocks along with the bag and those have been impressive as well, a lot more comfortable than those Innova Backsavers. I ended up buying some Nik Wax from REI and coated both the bag and shocks to give a little extra weatherproofing. Wasn't sure what to think about the internal structure but it seems to be working and holding up fine thus far. They look like pretty standard pieces that can be replaced if they were to break down.

I emailed Chris at GorillaBoy a few times inquiring about the quality and advice on waterproofing. He emailed back within a few hours and it was on the weekend, so I applaud the customer service. Chris also said that I could send the bag back anytime if there were workmanship issues and that he'd patch it up and send it back. Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase and have no regrets.

So how many people use the frame provided in GB bags? I've used rev bags for the last 6-7 years and have found they were better without the frame. The GB frame looks identical to the Gateway frame (which are crap). Just wondering what peoples preferences are.

juju said:
So how many people use the frame provided in GB bags? I've used rev bags for the last 6-7 years and have found they were better without the frame. The GB frame looks identical to the Gateway frame (which are crap). Just wondering what peoples preferences are.

Frame, No frame. Works both ways.

I have used the same frame for 4 years and counting now. No problems here.

I have a friend who uses no frame. Still has the same silverback for 3 years.

Both ways work in terms of preference.

I am not a fan of "large bags" with over the shoulder strap with 20+ discs.

Plan shoulder strap or quads ?

I am looking at getting a chimp for my small bag needs and have a pair of quads I can use. It looks like the perfect size for me. Any Chimp advocates out there?

juju said:
I am looking at getting a chimp for my small bag needs and have a pair of quads I can use. It looks like the perfect size for me. Any Chimp advocates out there?

There are tons. It is probably one of his mostly commonly recommended bags (at least here in the forum world). The Chimp should be small enough that you may feel like you don't need the quads, but if you have them I don't see a reason not to use them.

I use quads with my chimp. I carry 14 discs in the main pocket which leaves a little extra room
for towel or other things. Plenty of pocket space. Great bag couldnt be happier.

I do not use quads with my chimp. I carry 11 discs in the main pocket which leaves extra room
for towels and other things (plus two putters in putter pocket). Plenty of pocket space. Great bag couldn't be happier.

:wink:

Latest posts