• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

which would you rather see for a black Friday deal?

• free shipping with in the U.S.

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 13% off

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, I'm looking at the possibility of picking up a new bag around the end of Feb. and wanted to get a bit of info. However, pardon my stupidity if I overlooked it on the website, I'm not able to pull up anything on a bag unless it's in stock. I currently carry a Fade Tourney about 90% of the time. I do NOT want a bag that's significantly larger than it.

1. Are overall dimensions available on the Silverback and Kong?

2. If not, what are their overall sizes relative to a Fade Tourney?

3. Is the Silverback LE really that much better?

4. Does the LE not have the awesome Gorilla stitched on it?

5. What about storage and drink holders compared to the Fade Tourney?

6. All have a mini pocket?

Sorry for all the questions, but most everyone local has either Carolinas, or Innova or Fade Tourneys. I keep hearing good things about Gorilla Boy and wanted to get some info. Thanks to anyone who can be of assistance!

Thanks for the link. It answers a few questions. Couldn't find anything on relative size, but it appears to be a little smaller than the Fade Tourney. I didn't see anything on the Kong except showing disc capacity. Any additional help on questions is appreciated.

Silverback is smaller than fade tourney, the gorilla is the same size so the kong will be a couple inches longer, either has two drinkholders that are nicer than the fade, and more and larger pockets. The LE has some nice features and if you like the fabric get it.

Ok, I'm looking at the possibility of picking up a new bag around the end of Feb. and wanted to get a bit of info. However, pardon my stupidity if I overlooked it on the website, I'm not able to pull up anything on a bag unless it's in stock. I currently carry a Fade Tourney about 90% of the time. I do NOT want a bag that's significantly larger than it.

1. Are overall dimensions available on the Silverback and Kong? if you mean from outside edge to outside edge silverback would be 9" front to back 17" left to right and 10" tall, Kong would be 9" front to back 20" left to right 10" tall

2. If not, what are their overall sizes relative to a Fade Tourney?I dont have a fade to compare them too

3. Is the Silverback LE really that much better? the LE has a double layer bottom and balistic on the bottom of the drink holders and side pockets, and the quad hook up can be hidden if your just gonna use a single shoulder strap and of course it cost much more to have the fabric screen printed for the LE print. I only ever had one roll of white printed like that and I will never do the same print again. once its gone it's gone.

4. Does the LE not have the awesome Gorilla stitched on it? no I opted not to embroider it since it has GBDS on the print it self

5. What about storage and drink holders compared to the Fade Tourney? again idk since I do not have one to compare it to

6. All have a mini pocket? all my bags have mini pockets and will hold even the larger minis

I'm so excited to be getting my bag in a few weeks. I'm going crazy with anticipation. I keep looking at my old bag and saying to myself, " how did you put up with the little POS for so long."

I'm so excited to be getting my bag in a few weeks. I'm going crazy with anticipation. I keep looking at my old bag and saying to myself, " how did you put up with the little POS for so long."
What did you have, and what are you getting?

I had an Innova Deluxe bag and I just ordered the Kong. I'm not knocking Innova's bags....I just out grew the bag...not big enough for all my junk, discs, etc. It was a good starter bag and now I'll give it to one of my sons when they get a little older.

Your going to love the Kong, I know I did. I want to sell mine, but at the same time I kinda don't. It's on helluva a bag!

I had an Innova Deluxe bag and I just ordered the Kong. I'm not knocking Innova's bags....I just out grew the bag...not big enough for all my junk, discs, etc. It was a good starter bag and now I'll give it to one of my sons when they get a little older.
Cool. I'm currently using a Fade Tourney. I bought a Fade Crunch for rounds at the local 9 hole, and for quick rounds after work. I don't NEED a new bag as much as I just kind of want one. I've mainly been looking at either the LE Silverback or a Grip (I'm not that familar with backpack style bags though), but haven't ruled out the Kong either. I should be getting a company bonus by the end of the month and want to get a new bag. Let's see a pic when you get it.

Ok...I appreciate all the assistance. I have just a couple more questions:

1. Are the front and side pockets on the Silverback double zippers, or are they single zipper pockets? If that's not clear/correct verbiage, do they open via 1 zipper that runs along the teeth, or are there two zippers running along the same teeth, like on most suitcases?

2. If the standard Silverback shows as having stock (i.e. digital camo shows 3 in stock) then it should be already made and ready to ship, but the LE (which shows qty of 30 in stock) isn't actually assembled yet and would have a wait. Is that correct?

I just want to make sure I read that correctly. Thanks again for taking the time.

this is the only pic I have of it right now

IMAG0020.jpg

Latest posts