• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

GRIP EQ alternative - sub $60 - no mod required

bamfb

Imagine Eco-friendly Backpack

(sorry for the large images)

P1ctH01.jpg

Pros:
  • A competitive alternative to the top DIY bags.
  • Holds about 20 discs across (with nothing in side pockets).
  • Holds 3+ Putters on the back wall of the front compartment.
  • Holds clothing and other gear in separate compartment.
  • Has insulated compartment which you could use for a Camelbak if you want
  • Dual (identical) side compartments for phone, wallet, etc.
  • Dual water bottle holders. Fits Nalgene.
  • Material is pretty strong, but I have no idea about hold up over time.
  • It's light.
  • Fit's great and airs out my back, but I don't have big shoulders. It may not be as comfy for bigger dudes?
  • Requires no PVC.
  • Requires no cutting.
  • Nice structure. Stands very well on its own.

Cons:
  • No rubber bottom
  • The bottle holders on the side, while very functional, do not expand outwards. So when you put a bottle in there, it cuts down slightly on the number of discs you can fit in the main compartment.

Bag can be purchased here:
Overstock
Imagine Website

32 Images of bag detail:
http://imgur.com/a/rjGVj#0
http://imgur.com/a/pLOKf

Here's a couple of them:

1iKBSdF.jpg

VXq5j7K.jpg

2w7Vws5.jpg

LtkxAV4.jpg

Last edited:
Guys, just project it onto the side of a building and they look fine.

Nice bag btw, might just have to pull the trigger.

Looks about the same as my old Ogio bag that I re-purposed for DG. Not ideal but it gives me a place to put glasses, wallet, keys. I'm sure if I were a little craftier I could tweak it more, just like you might need to do here.

Do you find that if there aren't enough discs in the main compartment that they start turning sideways? That happens to mine and I think I just need a pvc frame in the bottom.

If you're wanting a grip bag, i suggest buying a grip bag. Yes, it costs more than $60, but it's worth the price, and not having to continually search for a DIY look-alike that pales in comparison is even better.

But, hey, that looks like a nice laptop bag.

If you're wanting a grip bag, i suggest buying a grip bag. Yes, it costs more than $60, but it's worth the price, and not having to continually search for a DIY look-alike that pales in comparison is even better.

But, hey, that looks like a nice laptop bag.

Uhhhhh, yeah just send over the extra $200 and I'll splurge on that EQ bag!

Actually I'd probably still buy this bag and put the $200 into making 200 strippers $1 richer.

Thanks OP, I did pull the trigger. No shipping at overstock, which is nice.

I'm curious about this. Are there any pictures that fit on my monitor where I can see more than 5% of the picture at one time?

Looks about the same as my old Ogio bag that I re-purposed for DG. Not ideal but it gives me a place to put glasses, wallet, keys. I'm sure if I were a little craftier I could tweak it more, just like you might need to do here.

Do you find that if there aren't enough discs in the main compartment that they start turning sideways? That happens to mine and I think I just need a pvc frame in the bottom.

Yeah, It does that to me too, but I normally keep it fully stocked so it's not an issue for me.

I'm curious about this. Are there any pictures that fit on my monitor where I can see more than 5% of the picture at one time?

j0atz hooked you up. Also, see the imgur links in my post. There's many more pictures in there. About 32 I think.

Uhhhhh, yeah just send over the extra $200 and I'll splurge on that EQ bag!

Actually I'd probably still buy this bag and put the $200 into making 200 strippers $1 richer.

Thanks OP, I did pull the trigger. No shipping at overstock, which is nice.

Sweet man, I hope it works out for you. If not, you can probably get rid of it on here pretty easy. It's been a good rig for me. $58 ain't too bad.