• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

I have to change my view on the bag. I still think it's a great bag, just not great for me. I own one, and still use it (because I paid lots of money for it).

My issues are, I have a massive torso, and extremely broad shoulders and a gut that could smother a toddler. The grip bag is a quality bag, but it sits weird on my back. It slides around awkwardly while walking. Also, in casual rounds when I throw multiple discs a lie, the rattling around is super annoying. I have no problems with the bag outside of my personal preference, other than sitting the bag down on awkward lies, it has a tendency to fall over or lean really bad. When it falls over it gets dirty, and then my shirt gets dirty unless I wipe it off, which usually takes 10-15 wipes to get it clean.

I would recommend this bag to smaller guys, but bigger guys I would not. After getting this bag, my back stopped hurting, so that's a good thing. Which is the reason I think I'm going to keep using it. Climbing hills and rough terrain is wonderful with this bag.

I have very broad shoulders and a bigger built chest and I haven't experienced the problems you have as far as feeling strange on my back. Have you tried adjusting the shoulder straps to see if maybe a tighter fit could keep it from swinging on you? As far as it falling over, mine did that as well but I've kinda gotten the hang of the angle I have to set it down on when playing on hilly courses.

My wifes bag and mine! Mines the pink one! Lol We love them!!!

That blue and white bag is so sexy!

I have very broad shoulders and a bigger built chest and I haven't experienced the problems you have as far as feeling strange on my back. Have you tried adjusting the shoulder straps to see if maybe a tighter fit could keep it from swinging on you? As far as it falling over, mine did that as well but I've kinda gotten the hang of the angle I have to set it down on when playing on hilly courses.

Well, If I tighten it to where it doesn't move while walking, I'd have to loosen it up before I take it off or my arms get stuck. It would cause more wear on the straps than it is. Also, doin it 2-5 times a hole would get old. lol.

I keep the right one nice and snug, and the left one a bit looser so my arm can come in and out! I'm a pretty stout fella myself.

I'm thinking it's the best non-disc purchase I've made to date....but like many others in this thread I'm a gear whore. That being said I love this frickin' thing!

Here's my newly colored rasta grip eq. Best anniversary gift I could get.

26 discs fit in there. But I only carry about 15 normally. It actually fits more discs than my revo carolina [using main compartment only].

Attachments

• IMG_20121208_135306.jpg
    IMG_20121208_135306.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_20121206_235351.jpg
    IMG_20121206_235351.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20121206_235701.jpg
    IMG_20121206_235701.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 80
Just got mine in yesterday and played a round with it. Love the bag, These are way more comfy then any bag W/ quadshocks IMO. has anyone every tried to iron a patch over the part that says Grip Eq? it would be a good spot for one but t feels like there is some plastic in that spot and i don't want to melt with an iron.

Just got mine in yesterday and played a round with it. Love the bag, These are way more comfy then any bag W/ quadshocks IMO. has anyone every tried to iron a patch over the part that says Grip Eq? it would be a good spot for one but t feels like there is some plastic in that spot and i don't want to melt with an iron.

I ironed a patch on. It's pretty sturdy plastic. Mine didn't even really soften up let alone melt.

I don't know how you guys are fitting more than 20 discs in your Grip bags. I have 20 and it's STUFFED.

Mine's full with 19, but that does include 3 putters and 5 mids in the main compartment.

I could probably squeeze a third putter into the putter pocket on top, as well as two in the middle pocket to get to 22. Dropping some of my mids for drivers might open up space for one or two more. So I could see cramming it to 24.

But 19 is just fine for me.

I'm going to Korea for a year, and was looking at getting a Grip or a Revo DualPack to take with me...to all you Grip Owners, do you think the Grip will do fine with the following discs (as in, no bouncing around while I'm walking)

Putter Quiver: Soft Anode, Soft Ion
Main Compartment: 2 PDs, Amp, 3 Volts, 2 Axis', 2 Vectors, 2 Anodes, Neutron Ion

I just don't want it to be too loose in there.

I'm going to Korea for a year, and was looking at getting a Grip or a Revo DualPack to take with me...to all you Grip Owners, do you think the Grip will do fine with the following discs (as in, no bouncing around while I'm walking)

Putter Quiver: Soft Anode, Soft Ion
Main Compartment: 2 PDs, Amp, 3 Volts, 2 Axis', 2 Vectors, 2 Anodes, Neutron Ion

I just don't want it to be too loose in there.

Might be a little loose, but if you jam a sweatshirt or a couple more discs in there you'll be fine. Or get an Innova u-channel divider.

I have 18 in the main (9 drivers, 5 mids, 4 putters) and 2 in the putter pocket. It's pretty jam packed.

I know you can fit 4 in the putter pocket, but I think if you have to take discs out in order to reach other discs it's just dumb. I don't count that as fitting 4, but I guess if you really have to then it's an option.

I have 18 in the main (9 drivers, 5 mids, 4 putters) and 2 in the putter pocket. It's pretty jam packed.

I know you can fit 4 in the putter pocket, but I think if you have to take discs out in order to reach other discs it's just dumb. I don't count that as fitting 4, but I guess if you really have to then it's an option.

Lol 4 putters and 5 mids = ALOT OF SPACE. I understand why you aren't fitting much more :p

That pocket below the quiver will also hold 2 putters. :D

I use it to hold my wallet, keys, spare pencils, sharpie, spare contacts, etc.

I put my towel in there. The one only for drying my hands off, and I THINK there is a sharpie under it. I use the small pockets inside the big pockets for the stuff out of my pocket.