• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

Grip1_zps98fd48e5.jpg

Just got my Grip and it looks great! Only question I have is what is everyones bamboo bag tag number? It looks like I got number 0 the tag has the Grip logo and has the number 0 with 2012 underneath of that. Im a little confused :confused:

Just got my Grip and it looks great! Only question I have is what is everyones bamboo bag tag number? It looks like I got number 0 the tag has the Grip logo and has the number 0 with 2012 underneath of that. Im a little confused :confused:

I'm not sure what the "0" is (maybe the first year) but the 2012 is the bag number. It's the 2012 Grip eq bag sold.

So I confirmed yesterday that the new Grip bag I received is slimmer than the previous bags. Again, not sure if I got an oddball or if they changed them up.

I posted earlier that I could not fit a disc in the main compartment flap where some of you are sticking your extra discs. Yesterday I tried stuffing a Condor in the storage area in front of the putter pocket, and it would not fit. My buddy has an older Grip bag and keeps his Condor there no problem. I want to bust out the tape measure, but I'm guessing the bag I have is 0.5-1 inch slimmer. That explains why I can't fit as many discs in the main compartment.

So I confirmed yesterday that the new Grip bag I received is slimmer than the previous bags. Again, not sure if I got an oddball or if they changed them up.

I posted earlier that I could not fit a disc in the main compartment flap where some of you are sticking your extra discs. Yesterday I tried stuffing a Condor in the storage area in front of the putter pocket, and it would not fit. My buddy has an older Grip bag and keeps his Condor there no problem. I want to bust out the tape measure, but I'm guessing the bag I have is 0.5-1 inch slimmer. That explains why I can't fit as many discs in the main compartment.

I can confirm this. I was initially very confused to see people putting discs in the main compartment flap pocket - there's no way that even the smallest diameter discs I own would fit. It's great for a scorecard holder though.

Never even tried getting a disc in front of the putter pocket - it just doesn't seem to be deep enough to comfortable fit, and I like that extra storage anyway.

I have two grip bags. I also have this same problem with the compartment pocket. One of the bags will hold a disc the other will not. The stitching is off on one of my bags. So i can not get a disc in there.

My new Grip. Christmas came early!

Thanks to Djren12 for the awesome zipper pulls and birdie beads! They look great!

And thanks to throwfromthewoods for the inspiration (i.e. I stole your design :D) for the coloring pattern for the logos!

dsc8247b.jpg

dsc8264p.jpg

gripv.jpg

Mark me down as another that can't fit a disc in the main flap pocket :(. I'm pretty sure the pocket itself is plenty big, but the opening is too narrow.

And I'm not a big fan of putting a disc in the front mesh pouch. It just gets in the way of the main compartment. I put my minis in there instead.

I'd also suggest maybe adding some load lifter straps that connect the top of the bag to the shoulder area of each strap. I have to wear the straps loose enough that I can take the bag off easily, but that makes the bag hang a little too far from my shoulders. I like a snug fit there. Just personal preference I suppose.

Other than that, it's a well-built, stylish, and comfortable bag. It looks professional and it wears well and it feels so much lighter than it looks. I'm loving it so far.

So the wife surprised me today with a new bag and I am ecstatic. Trying to decide if to dye the logo or leave it white, patches are not permanently on so far and might go with dragonfly/neon green pulls and beads. Does the sharpie dye fade over time and how easy is it to clean the logo if i decide to leave it white? Thanks for any feedback and advice, now I gotta fill this sucker up woohoo!!!
6951A3EC-3CB3-4C85-8A7E-E6531EE8E687-221-00000088A05966ED.jpg

sharpies will fade. Fabric markers will hold better. Straight dust and such should clean off the white well enough, but the thread will stain with anything more serious.

Made some quick snap on straps that can hold towels/bag tags that just snap into where the rainfly would go. Included male snaps on it so I can still put the rainfly on right over it. Worked pretty well.

Next up is that attachment that someone posted on youtube. Just need to save some money for fabric and have someone sew it all together for me.

Made some quick snap on straps that can hold towels/bag tags that just snap into where the rainfly would go. Included male snaps on it so I can still put the rainfly on right over it. Worked pretty well.

Next up is that attachment that someone posted on youtube. Just need to save some money for fabric and have someone sew it all together for me.

Those snaps sound nice, I'll have to check them out!

Use fabric markers and then set the color with vinegar. You can still touch it up years later as it starts to sun fade.

Have any pics of your mods?

I have one of it early on without the extra snap to attach the rainfly. It's a really simple thing to make. I just stopped by the camping section of walmart to pick up the strap (or you could just cut it off of an old backpack or something), and then in the sewing/crafts section of walmart they have the snaps you need. The correct size is 5/8". It comes with the tools to punch holes in the fabric and attach the pieces to it.

http://i.imgur.com/e1F5k.jpg

(would embed it, but it has huge dimensions and probably won't embed properly)

Ok guys just got a grip bag and dug around through the pockets and filled it with my discs.

Where do they hide the bamboo tag?

Ok guys just got a grip bag and dug around through the pockets and filled it with my discs.

Where do they hide the bamboo tag?

It should be in the pocket with the word GRIP there are pockets in pockets behind it. I have also heard of some people not getting some but if you do find yours come to New Holstein WI and challenge me for number zero. :D