• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

My bag tag was in the pocket behind logo and inside of one of those pockets.

Yep, that's where they usually hide it. My first warranty replacement Grip had it in there as well. I just had it replaced under warranty again 2 weeks ago and the new bag didn't come with a tag. It's alright, I never used it. The only time I was on a card where everyone had a Grip bag nobody had a tag so it was pointless.

Just got a grip for Xmas.
quick question which of the top pockets works better for your putters. I've seen both used in pictures within this thread

The top is designed for putters. I wanted to put one in the bottom pocket as well, but since that's where I'll be keeping my keys, I was afraid I'd pull the keys out with the putter accidentally. So I went exclusively with the top pocket.

I noticed with mine that even with the strap buttoned in place, my putters didn't stick out as far as I wanted them to, so I took my rain fly, folded it up, and put it at the bottom of the pocket. Now my discs are at a good height.

The top is designed for putters. I wanted to put one in the bottom pocket as well, but since that's where I'll be keeping my keys, I was afraid I'd pull the keys out with the putter accidentally. So I went exclusively with the top pocket.

I noticed with mine that even with the strap buttoned in place, my putters didn't stick out as far as I wanted them to, so I took my rain fly, folded it up, and put it at the bottom of the pocket. Now my discs are at a good height.

That's a great idea to do that with the rainfly. I just use an extra towel.

6dtkdg.jpg

Oh yeah!

FredVegas: Did you not like the Cabela's bag or were you always planning on upgrading?

Was considering pulling the trigger on the xpg but was curious about how comfortable it was and durability. Feel free to reply in the other thread if you want to keep out drift.

on topic: how many soda's can you fit in this thing w/out putting them in the bottom disc section?

Last edited:
FredVegas: Did you not like the Cabela's bag or were you always planning on upgrading?

Was considering pulling the trigger on the xpg but was curious about how comfortable it was and durability. Feel free to reply in the other thread if you want to keep out drift.

on topic: how many soda's can you fit in this thing w/out putting them in the bottom disc section?

You might be able to fit a case of 12 ouncers if you squeeze.

I still have the Cabella's bag. I photographed a wedding for $2k. So to treat myself I got the Grip bag after a friend got one. Since I'm an atheist I don't do Christmas But at the end of the year I always treat myself to a B-day over indulgence. Spending $200 on a DG bag is an over indulgence.

The Cabella's bag is still fine for DG, I have it set up for any friends that go out for a round. I did have to spray the bottom of the Cabella's bag with rubber because the bottom corners were starting to wear and fray.

But about a 2 months ago I twisted my lower back and the frame hit right where it hurt so I was having problems with it. The grip bag weighs a little less and the shape of the bag fits my lower back better with the internal frame made with pvc panels.

I'm debating if I should take the sunglasses case off the Cabellas bag and put it on the grip.

Any body carry a camelbak in a side pocket?

I have a waist pack Camekbak and the bladder fits in the top storage section or the front disc flap compartment. But I would only carry one on the super hot summer days.

One Idea I had is to 1/2 fill the bladder & freeze it. Fill it up with water and take a few of the discs out I only throw in rare occasions. Take an insulated pocket and put it in the main disc hold. I use one of the large bulldog ciips to keep the hose attached to the bag & off the ground.

I could see the tall backpack style bladders fitting in one of the side pockets. You might not be able to fill it up all the way but it could go in there.

I have a waist pack Camekbak and the bladder fits in the top storage section or the front disc flap compartment. But I would only carry one on the super hot summer days.

One Idea I had is to 1/2 fill the bladder & freeze it. Fill it up with water and take a few of the discs out I only throw in rare occasions. Take an insulated pocket and put it in the main disc hold. I use one of the large bulldog ciips to keep the hose attached to the bag & off the ground.

I could see the tall backpack style bladders fitting in one of the side pockets. You might not be able to fill it up all the way but it could go in there.

I bought a 70L bladder and hose. I was able to fill it completely up and put it in a side pocket. I used the zipper, nylon straps on shoulder straps, and the plastic loop on the shoulder strap to run the hose. Works well for now. I may have to get a nozzle cover.

Nice, thanks!

I bought a 70L bladder and hose. I was able to fill it completely up and put it in a side pocket. I used the zipper, nylon straps on shoulder straps, and the plastic loop on the shoulder strap to run the hose. Works well for now. I may have to get a nozzle cover.

:eek: 154lbs of water sounds pretty heavy for a disc golf bag.

Latest posts