• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip pressure?

I seriously think a poor grip has a lot to do with why people struggle throwing some discs or getting consistent results. If you have a bad release nothing is going to fly well regardless of the power or technique behind it. Have to get the disc moving! I have watched many friends struggle throwing mini discs and found its they don't understand the concept of the grip in order to throw a disc golf disc and think of them like a catch Frisbee with a fatter rim.

grip tip

I think aztec's response was righ on. MJ has a great youtube video. it helps to put the disc in hand with a slight tilt and comfortably curl your fingers around pinky to index. feeling a natural and comfortable grip. Now one of the most important parts is the back of the disc needs to be straight with forearm. If not try again or push wrist down to line it up while keeping the wrist loose.