• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Harp - Kannel

and the flight comparison comes next?

Best I can tell anyone on that is that the Sinus and Harp are very similar in shape of flight, but it's easier for me to get distance out of the Harp. I would call the Harp a true over stable mid, while I'd call the Sinus an overstable putter. So, same shape, just shorter line with Sinus.

Suspect is faster than both, yet slow compared to most other popular mids. The fade is later and less pronounced. I was somewhat surprised how far the straight line was with both of mine. So far, bio more stable than lucid, which is a first for me with DD.

Oh, and yes, the Harp plastic beats up like no other. Just like my Swan. Most fragile plastic I've ever used.

Is BT Soft basically the same plastic as the other trilogy soft plastic? Like Classic soft and Zero soft? Because both of those seem to hold up longer for me than the hard versions.

Is BT Soft basically the same plastic as the other trilogy soft plastic? Like Classic soft and Zero soft? Because both of those seem to hold up longer for me than the hard versions.

basically.

and the plastic isn't fragile it just visually scuffs easily, especially the darker colors.

The DD stuff I have does not scuff like BT soft. May just be a color issue, but I've barely thrown my Harp and Swan, and both look 2 years old.

My old Swans are like that, but it doesn't seem to change the disc's flight much. IMO it is mostly cosmetic. But I only use the Swans for putting and very short approach shots under 100' when there is a clear, wide open line. A hard or medium would be better for other shots.

My old Swans are like that, but it doesn't seem to change the disc's flight much. IMO it is mostly cosmetic. But I only use the Swans for putting and very short approach shots under 100' when there is a clear, wide open line. A hard or medium would be better for other shots.

Exactly. My Harp looks like hell, but is just as overstable as when I first got it. So no worries in that regard.:hfive:

I have thrown my Harp a few rounds along with my new Sinus. The Sinus flies and feels like an OS putter. The Harp is faster and is definitely a tweener. So far the Harp seems to hold a hyzer longer. The Sinus goes straight and then dumps for me. Both are good. I'm going to bag then both for awhile and see where they fit as approach discs. If the Harp came in a harder plastic right now I'd be tempted to give it the first shot. I like the BT for approaches, but here in the thick woods it may not stay OS long.

The Harp is also a nice thin grip that might be a good big wind back up putter.

So, I'd like to try the Harp.

I've been using the Suspect more and more for approaches and putts into the wind, a task for which it is quite suited.

Would the Harp be more or less the same thing?

I've been using the Suspect more and more for approaches and putts into the wind, a task for which it is quite suited.

Short answer: yes.

They feel very different in the hand, and, for me, the Suspect was noticeably longer. While the Harp is a pretty long putter, it is still a putter.

It kicked the suspect out for me, it can hyzer a bit harder, and feels really good in hand. I HATED soft plastic, but this thing changed my mind.

Suspect was good, but anytime I put stink on it it just flew perfectly straight and laid down easy.

I really like the harp because it has low glide. I use it for a lot of approaches, it's very useful in the wind.

I HATED the rim on the Sinus so the Harp works perfect for me. I would say it's a little faster than a putter but definitely a slow slow mid if you want to call it one.

Nice predictable fade, plenty of HSS.

I got a Harp last week and threw it in a strong headwind. I threw it tailwind, crosswind. I threw it with max power and half power. I threw it lhbh and rhbh. I released it with hyzer and anhyzer. It always has the same flight path. No turn, no flip, going straight for a bit and have a nice but not crazy fade at the end. I couldn't get it on an anhyzer line without hurting myself though.

Sorry Sinus, you are out of the bag. The Sinus (fairly new disc) flipped in the headwind btw.

Tried the Harp toda in a round from red tee.
It is competing with the Zone in my bag but thats a tough spot to obtain.
Anyway this thing is different than the Zone. It not at low profile, shorter, less overstable and doesent skip at all.
Its a different beast and mayby it has its place in the bag beside the zone, but
theres just to much overlap between these two for me.
Great disc for approaches, spike hyzers and forhands but to soft in the current plastic, in my opinion.

I don't know why people keep saying its so fast and that it is a mid. It is definetly a putter. It feels like a putter. Flies like a putter. Flies slowly like a putter. Flies short like a putter. It's a putter.

Its not a Zone.

Took a couple tosses with a Harp today and was pleasantly surprised. Even though I don't have a big arm, it was still easy to work and quite reliable. The profile is really comfortable in the hand, too. I could definitely see using one of these off the tee on short holes, or for windy day approaches. If it comes out in higher end plastic, I'm betting it becomes a much hotter commodity.

If it comes out in higher end plastic, I'm betting it becomes a much hotter commodity.

i plan on subbing it in for my zone once i can get it in classic hard. in the wind i need a clean release; that soft plastic will wobble too much for my taste. the main selling point for me is the speed. if it's slower than a zone i'm all in. the classic hard will have more skip but i bet not compared to the zone.

How is it FH? Has anyone tried? I prefer lat64 to Diacraft but the Zone and Drone are both awesome FH discs.

How is it FH? Has anyone tried? I prefer lat64 to Diacraft but the Zone and Drone are both awesome FH discs.

It is no where near the zone or drone in terms of overstability. That being said, it's an amazing FH disc. I use it for FH upshots all the time.

Latest posts