• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Harp - Kannel

I really enjoyed throwing the proto Harp last weekend. I hope they make these in Tournament Plastic ASAP!

It is no where near the zone or drone in terms of overstability. That being said, it's an amazing FH disc. I use it for FH upshots all the time.
This is so true. I had an uphill FH upshot that I parked with the Harp on a nice little flick. Just flick it out on a high anny line and watch it come right back. Definitely enjoying throwing the Harp right now!

So picked up one at GGGT while in MN and it's a great disc. Didn't bring any discs so I bought some I had wanted to try(Harp/Stiletto) and some goodies from their bargain bin(Firebird/Wizard) and hit the brickyard in Menomonie.

It was kind of weird using a glide less disc as my mid, but it was fantastic great for FH approaches and short shots off the tee. I don't know if it'll ever be my main mid or putter but it's a great Rhyno/ Drone type tweeter. Not sure if call it a putter though.

Just ordered a grey, and a black Harp. Looking forward to comparing it to my beloved Jokeri. Anyone have a comparison of the two?

Not as fast as a jokeri, but a similar flight. I'm currently carrying the harp instead of the jokeri, but I can go either way. The one thing about the harp in bt soft. When it hits the ground it just stops. Great for an approach that you want to throw in at the basket but not skip too far.

^^^ This. I liked the Jokeri, but it is an excellent roller. Even by accident.

Harp in a premium plastic would be nice. Soft is a little wimpy for heavily wooded approaches.

This feels almost identical in the hand to my classic soft Suspect. Are people noticing a definite difference in flight characteristics?

This feels almost identical in the hand to my classic soft Suspect. Are people noticing a definite difference in flight characteristics?

I can feel the difference in the depth of the rim for sure. The suspect flies further and straighter for me. I throw my lucid suspect out to about 300' on a straight line with a little fade at the end. The Harp was going about 260' for me...straight then dumps left.

I can feel the difference in the depth of the rim for sure. The suspect flies further and straighter for me. I throw my lucid suspect out to about 300' on a straight line with a little fade at the end. The Harp was going about 260' for me...straight then dumps left.
Yep. This is the case for me too. IMO the Suspect was a little tougher to range since, if you put some good snap on it, it would just fly straight and almost too far due to the more forward fade. The Harp has a similar straight line if you get on it, but will always dump hard as it starts to slow down.

I'm really anxious for Westside to roll these out in some harder plastics. One of the main roles for the Zone in my bag is big skips, which the soft plastic of the Harp just doesn't do. If I could get a slightly more OS Harp in a hard plastic, it might actually bump the Zone from my bag.

I said might. :p

Yep. This is the case for me too. IMO the Suspect was a little tougher to range since, if you put some good snap on it, it would just fly straight and almost too far due to the more forward fade. The Harp has a similar straight line if you get on it, but will always dump hard as it starts to slow down.

I'm really anxious for Westside to roll these out in some harder plastics. One of the main roles for the Zone in my bag is big skips, which the soft plastic of the Harp just doesn't do. If I could get a slightly more OS Harp in a hard plastic, it might actually bump the Zone from my bag.

Played a round today and settled for a bogey because I put my Suspect approach a little too high and it sailed past the basket. I was hoping for a little earlier fade out. Maybe the Harp will take over some of these approach duties if I can range it a little better.

I like the soft plastic for shots that need to sit. I carry a Suspect in lucid and soft depending if I want a bit of a skip or a sit.

Got a Harp and on the very first shot it hit a tree and the disc is no more.

First shot on the course - wooded hole and I needed a long hyzer approach. I ended up hitting a tree early on and the Harp bent hard, making it unthrowable for the rest of the round. Bent Harps just don't fly well.

I guess this is why I usually only throw candy plastic.

I have hit many trees with mine. It is warped, but still flies fine. Maybe JTdisc has a cannon for an arm, and can crush discs with a single throw??

A buddy of mine doesnt have a huge arm, hit the basket from 200' out and the harp tacoed. To taco this disc on a drive off the tee and into a tree is not so unrealistic, and wouldn't take a cannon of an arm to do.

I'm waiting on a premium Harp also. Trilogy base just doesn't do it for me, though I'm abusive to my discs. I just want something that can last over a few months of heavy use.

A buddy of mine doesnt have a huge arm, hit the basket from 200' out and the harp tacoed. To taco this disc on a drive off the tee and into a tree is not so unrealistic, and wouldn't take a cannon of an arm to do.[/QUOTE

True, but it bends back and flies fine. Just not pretty. IMo they should have released it in a premium plastic first since most people want it for drives and approaches. The soft base plastic could have waited.

An initial date for premium plastic harps was set. I am unsure of when it was (sometime this North American summer). However from what I heard there were molding/weight issues with the same mold in premium plastics so that date was retracted so they could get it correct.

Personally I love the soft Harp for spike apporaches, and other hyzers that must sit down fast. I dont really hit many trees with it due to the courses here it is holding up well. While the BT soft plastic does show wear quickly in general I find that even though it looks bad, the stability is maintained for a good amount of use.

That all said, and I can always buy another soft Harp if/when mine gets too beat I cannot wait to finally get my hands on a VIP/TP Harp.