• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Dynamic Discs peaked?

The story Paige told about the 5X Opto-X Suspect on Smashboxx . . did not make DD look so good

Macbeth's move to Discraft was very successful this past season, but wasn't that really an anomaly? Most moves from one manufacturer to another lead to a decline in performance. Wysocki had a poor year with Innova by his standards. You could also say that Wysocki and Pierce had their greatest successes after moving to DD. Was it the year before last when Wysocki, Pierce, and McCray won at Worlds?
Trilogy plastic has already been proven good enough to win at any level. Many people, including myself (I throw a mixed bag), love their discs. Especially those of us who don't throw hard enough or often enough to break in Champion plastic to the point where Innova's understable discs are actually understable. I doubt DD has peaked, but given their rapid growth it wouldn't be surprising if they paused in their growth.

Details? I refuse to give them the view.

In short.

After her worlds win DD asked Paige which 5X disc she wanted
She said Opto-X suspect but asked them to wait because she might leave
After a while a few arrived at her door anyway
She asked why they made them anyway
She did not like them, to soft for a Opto-X disc..she wanted a stif one..but again asked them to wait..she might leave
But the disc was already made...so DD sold them anyway

In short.

She did not like them, to soft for a Opto-X disc..she wanted a stif one..but again asked them to wait..she might leave

I guess DD wanted to squeeze all the cash out of her they could before she bounced

So who sponsers a world champ first, as in future, Trilogy or Prodigy??

Becca Cox maybe?..

I wouldn't give up on DD just yet. In a couple years, they might have the best u-20 player in the world on their team...

Zach Arlinghaus

He's only 16 and already shown what he can do on a track like Idlewild... not to mention the show he put on in Emporia at Jr Worlds

:popcorn:
Yeah besides Zach I think they have their irons in a lot of grassroots fires like Isaiah Esquivel. The young lads grew up with Trilogy being a big deal so it has a lot of appeal to the next generation of players.

They still have a nice stable of players like Melton, Oakley, Paige Shue, Tattar, Tamm, Emerson Keith, Clemons, Rebecca Cox, etc. Now they've added Generalissimo Nikko Locastro who can catch fire at any time and win the biggest tourneys. I can see Risley breaking out too if he stays healthy. I think he worked out a lot last year.

Yeah besides Zach I think they have their irons in a lot of grassroots fires like Isaiah Esquivel. The young lads grew up with Trilogy being a big deal so it has a lot of appeal to the next generation of players.

They still have a nice stable of players like Melton, Oakley, Paige Shue, Tattar, Tamm, Emerson Keith, Clemons, Rebecca Cox, etc. Now they've added Generalissimo Nikko Locastro who can catch fire at any time and win the biggest tourneys. I can see Risley breaking out too if he stays healthy. I think he worked out a lot last year.

This is very true. If you have never been to Emporia, the support from the locals is insane. Most of the juniors in the area are on Team Trilogy simply because they get misprint discs for like 8 bucks brand new at the shop, their parents make them if they want new discs. Everybody from 12-year-olds to 65-year-olds throws nothing but a trilogy. What this does is create a loyalty factor that stems from a very, very early age (Paige B). It's not just Kansas either, their pull reaches southern states more so too. I'm sure DD will be just fine with some of the players like Zach A and Isaiah winning B tiers in MPO for another couple years until they hit their stride big time. These companies have complete ebbs and flows and I think this is just one of those for DD.

I am an amateur disc golfer. I play for fun. I'm not half bad for a casual player. Most of the dozens of folks I play with are the same.

How much influence does which manufacturer has the best team have on my or my associates disc buying habits?

I'll tell ya - none!

I've always thrown mainly Innova, and Lat 64/Westside because I like their molds and their plastic. I know plenty of folks with some Dynamic discs in their bags, and they throw them because they like them, not because certain pros throw them.

Gosh, why would anyone throw MVP or Axiom? They've never won anything!

So who sponsers a world champ first, as in future, Trilogy or Prodigy??

Can we please once and for all stop referencing "Trilogy" as a sponsor? All 3 companies are NOT sponsoring the player, nor did all 3 companies sign contracts with the player. :wall:

Tamm could be poised for a breakout year, but I tend to lean toward Tattar being someone who is top tier week in, week out. We just don't see her enough.

Notable appearances in 2019:

European Open - 5th
Worlds - 6th
USWDGC - 1st
Canadian Nationals - 1st
MVP Open - 2nd
GMC - 2nd
Delaware Challenge - 2nd

All of these events she either won or placed near the top of the field with Paige, Cat, Hokom, Weese etc in the field.

She's right there in the mix. It's time Lat ponies up and backs a full-scale U.S Tour for her (provided she is even interested in something like that).

She is already the best woods player in FPO and has not been playing as long as the other top women.

In short.

I'm not sure how that makes DD look bad. Because they weren't perfectly to PP's specifications? Were they supposed to mold samples, ship them to the US, wait for her approval, and if they didn't get it, repeat the process until they had it perfect? Seems awfully inefficient and expensive to me.

She won a title, they were going to put out a disc to celebrate it. A disc that was far and away their hottest selling disc last month (and probably this month while supplies last). What business would wait around just in case they wouldn't be able to do it at all?