• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Dynamic Discs peaked?

Can we please once and for all stop referencing "Trilogy" as a sponsor? All 3 companies are NOT sponsoring the player, nor did all 3 companies sign contracts with the player. :wall:

I don't know if any player has a signed contract with any Trilogy brand. At least PP didn't have. She had "a verbal agreement" which sound a bit odd. If she works fulltime and is one of the best, and she only had a verbal agreement... Then how about the ones that are worse then she? Why would they have signed contracts? They wouldn't.

In short.

After her worlds win DD asked Paige which 5X disc she wanted
She said Opto-X suspect but asked them to wait because she might leave
After a while a few arrived at her door anyway
She asked why they made them anyway
She did not like them, to soft for a Opto-X disc..she wanted a stif one..but again asked them to wait..she might leave
But the disc was already made...so DD sold them anyway

I don't see anything wrong, here. She told them she might be leaving, they made the discs knowing that. No harm no foul.

Last edited:
I think Trilogy is "building from within" as they have really targeted younger disc golfers with their branding.

Arlinghaus is the "next" best thing. So, if they can keep him locked up, they should be good long term.

Yeah besides Zach I think they have their irons in a lot of grassroots fires like Isaiah Esquivel. The young lads grew up with Trilogy being a big deal so it has a lot of appeal to the next generation of players.

absolutely this. DD's social media presence is a major attraction to the under 18 crowd; that's the kids' playground. they've got a number of serious talents that have come up "in the family". if they can create the impression that they're the company that puts support and resources into young players, that should work well for a long time.

also, in my area of North Texas, DD runs a large number of tourneys and most people seem to like them. DD has their fingers in many pies and seem to do well enough in each case.

Another effective strategy is DD's attractive merch offers to TDs. This puts DD discs in the hands of the most active players, and, if the player doesn't like the disc(s), spreads them into the public through subsequent trades, sales, and PIAS.

Another effective strategy is DD's attractive merch offers to TDs. This puts DD discs in the hands of the most active players, and, if the player doesn't like the disc(s), spreads them into the public through subsequent trades, sales, and PIAS.

In my experience, all major disc brands have similar strategies on merchandise offers to TDs and DD does not offer the best deals overall.

Agree that it is still a great way, as you said, to spread the brand.

picture.php

Last edited:
Nope

I've never understood the DD hate on these forums.

To answer the question about their players:

Clemons, Oakley, Melton and.... Heimburg (I think so). That's if you don't include Lat64 and WS. Yeah I think those guys can win an NT or PT event. Guess we'll see. Are they favorites against Paul? No. But to make claims about a company having "peaked" when every company has ups and downs... Before last year's mcbeth signing had Discraft peaked?

Other than wins and losses by their touring team, DD remains a force in tourney sponsors and social media. They've adjusted some of their production based on what didn't sell and they have a legitimate lineup that any pro could throw and win with. There are things you can decide to love or hate I guess. Justice system naming scheme? Bursts vs swirls? At the end of the day, I still appreciate how their company is run and consider them a valuable member of the community.

Oh! And I'm part of the future of disc golf in that I'm raising 14 and 11yr old sons who throw their plastic and love their team.

Trilogy in general has done a good job carving out a niche here locally. DD especially dominates our scene in the Florida panhandle, mostly because they offer the best deals to TDs.

Switching gears. What genuinely interests me is whether or not there are DGCR sponsored touring reviewers. If there aren't, why not?

Becca Cox maybe?..

I wouldn't give up on DD just yet. In a couple years, they might have the best u-20 player in the world on their team...

Zach Arlinghaus

He's only 16 and already shown what he can do on a track like Idlewild... not to mention the show he put on in Emporia at Jr Worlds

:popcorn:

I have heard a very strong rumor Zach is leaving DD this year. Mark this post.

Switching gears. What genuinely interests me is whether or not there are DGCR sponsored touring reviewers. If there aren't, why not?

There isn't any up-front sponsorship deal, but you get royalty checks if your reviews generate enough positive thumbs.

In DD latest Video Jeremy Rusco talked about his trip to the Latitude 64 Factory. . .And he said Lat64 has come up with a method to make the discs "beat in of the shelf" with no "flashing"

Anyone understod that part?

But many Trilogy discs has terrible Flashing. . i got 3pc Tursas and they all had terrible flashing. . .and most of the Pures i had has been really sharp as he--ll

Like how they fly..but hate that sharp flashing edge . . .so super nice if they fixed that

In DD latest Video Jeremy Rusco talked about his trip to the Latitude 64 Factory. . .And he said Lat64 has come up with a method to make the discs "beat in of the shelf" with no "flashing"

Guessing it could be a gstar like process. Those discs beat in very quickly, but stay in the sweet spot for a long time.

Sounds like running the discs through a bead blaster. Gateway was(maybe still is) offering that on some of their discs.

As far as the sharp flashing, I showed a lat64 disc to one of my friends, whom is a R&D machinist in an injection molding factory. He said the sharp flashing was from running a dull deburr.

Last edited:
I dunno, if I have to buy one of their discs new at retail, I take my (very sharp) pocket knife out of my purse and spin it once gently around the flashing. It comes off in a very thin ribbon and the disc feels great afterward. Is it nicer not to have to do this? Sure, but it's not a huge hassle.