• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Has the number of molds you throw increased or decreased over time?

Has the number of molds you bagged increased or decreased over time?

• Overall increase

Votes: 50 32.9%
  • Overall decrease

Votes: 68 44.7%
  • Stayed roughly the same

Votes: 34 22.4%

• Total voters
Side response: Ya. The roc3's I've had have been all over the map. Some understable brand new out of the box, others utility beefcake overstable regardless of how many trees I hit.

I was having better luck with G* Roc3s staying stable, but the champs seemed to beat in fast and had touchy hss. Both my G*s were super flat and nicely high speed stable.

I may check a G* if there are some around, right now I really like the Yao since it's basically like a beadless champ/star Roc though maybe a touch smaller which makes it more overstable.

Thanks Guys!

Started out throwing 16 different molds. Dropped a bunch of molds and went down to 8. Then realized I missed a couple molds and now back up to around 10-12 depending the course and conditions.

A couple years ago when I got my first back pack upgrade from a crunch box my molds ballooned up to have a different disc for every shot. I mean, I just packed that backpack full, probably 20 discs and I don't think any were the same either. It was fun, but not beneficial to my game. I like throwing new discs, every brand and every speed!

My game is much much better now that I shape shots, Hyzer/Anhyzer and varied release angles and so forth with tried and true discs. I play much more confidently with molds that can do everything, and having a few specialty discs for those unique occasions as well.

Less is more? BUT, I do have WAY more discs at home in the bins now, backups of backups and discs I like and can't part with, but not part of the regular rotation. :D

I was having better luck with G* Roc3s staying stable, but the champs seemed to beat in fast and had touchy hss. Both my G*s were super flat and nicely high speed stable.

the first champ roc3 I bought was Epic beef that I couldn't get to break in. It was AMAZING. I chucked it into a pond in December and have been unsuccessful at finding another one like it, everything else has been neutral to understable. I guess I just had a freak. im down to praying for a callback on that one when the weather warms up

Boss, Destroyer, Teedevil, Ternsx3, PDx2, Thunderbird, Inertia, Predator, Air Saint, Crave, TL, FDx2, Gator, Roc, Claymore, Comet, Theory, Wedge, Yeti Pro, Wizard.
Sure I could carry less but, the thing is, there is a bunch of good stuff just waiting that includes: Katana, King, Teerex, Wraiths, Surge, Firebird, Valks, Sidewinder, Roadrunner, Teebirds, River, Hatchet, Harp, Rhinos, KC Aviars....
It's a good time to be a disc golfer. That's what I'm trying to say. :)

Last edited:
I don't worry about different molds, I just fill distance/stability slots in the bag.

Pretty much the same for me.

I voted "stays the same" because after my beginners mold buying frenzy ended I found molds that fit certain slots and that seems to be how I buy discs now. No more pipe dream molds.

Rewind 2 years for me.

3 Rivers
3 Tridents
3 Maces
Pure
Anode

Now the switch to MVP made me bump up my molds, but I'm hoping to reduce that with wear and tear.

I think I've always had somewhere between four and seven molds. I read that how to build a bag sticky early on, and I think it was a good thing. Right now I'm on the high end, since I stopped driving with Voodoos, and I could probably replace that Stingray with an Element. If I hit about 500 more trees.

But I'm very comfortable with my bag right now.

I carry WAYYY too many discs/molds and I know it, but I have been trying to scale down to carry one mold in multiple plastics or weights. To be fair, nearly all of my throws come from a core of about 6 molds. (Pure, Buzzz, Eagle, PD, Tern, Destoyer) The others tend to be more specialty shots. I used to use the Saint a lot more, but I've kind of been backing off of it in favor of the Tern.

I carry multiple Pures (2), Eagles (3), Saints (2), PD's (2), and Destoyers (2)

I have a single Fuse, Suspect, Buzzz, Ibex, Gator, River, Trak, Trident, Roadrunner, Firebird, Flow, Tern, Solace

I tried carrying an ESP Buzzz instead of the Ibex, but I just like the Ibex more.

Last edited:
Something I've never done, and cannot ever see me doing is, carrying two of the same mold in the same plastic.

wow.. i am the COMPLETE and TOTAL OPPOSITE lol .. most of the molds in my bag are just multiples.. i am the ultimate minimalist

I've had the same setup for years, but I've been adding some of Innova's "3" molds to the mix (Teebird3, Roc3, and the Shark3). I suppose they are technically new molds although they fly similarly to the older discs I'm used to and the variations in flight patterns is enough to make me keep them in the bag for now.

Very recently, I've been testing out some Super Class discs and I think the Zephyr might be a keeper...

lol .. that is whats so great.. its funny to see how different everyones approach to the game is

The stuff is part of the fun for me. I was the same way with golf. I used to run through 4-6 drivers and 3 iron sets per year. I grew out of it.

I opened up 3 new(to me) discs today. Will play with all 3 in bag this afternoon.

The stuff is part of the fun for me. I was the same way with golf. I used to run through 4-6 drivers and 3 iron sets per year. I grew out of it.

I opened up 3 new(to me) discs today. Will play with all 3 in bag this afternoon.

This is the reason I actually have 7 different bags - each is loaded with a different set-up. I keep them all stocked and ready for play.

Latest posts