• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Has the number of molds you throw increased or decreased over time?

Has the number of molds you bagged increased or decreased over time?

• Overall increase

Votes: 50 32.9%
  • Overall decrease

Votes: 68 44.7%
  • Stayed roughly the same

Votes: 34 22.4%

• Total voters
I started playing in 1990, and from then until 2012, I really never carried more than 5 molds, or 5 discs period. When I started to get serious in 2012, my molds increased dramatically, then dropped down, then came back up a little. Right now I'm comfortable with what I have, even though it's about 5 molds shy of my all-time most.

11 Molds, 19 Discs Max depending on course

Rhyno (2 or 3) - Putt and Approach
Soft Magnet 2 - Approach and Drive
Comet 2 - Drive and Approach
MRV - Drive and Approach
MRX - Approach
TeeBird (2) -a Teebird is what a Teebird does
Leopard (2) - a leopard is ......
Valkyrie( 2 or 3) - Distance drivers in varying degress of stability
Beast - Distance when wind is a factor
Orc - Headwind driver
Firebird- a Firebird is ........ way to much disc for me and so lurks in the bottom of my bag.

Discs that mysteriously find there way into the bag primarily for sentimental reasons but hardly thrown are Stratus and Sidewinder. With the exception of the Magnets (1 newish and one beat) multiple discs molds are in different plastics (prefer Pro, Champion and X).

A gap I need to fill is a mid range straight. Thinking a Buzzz (never got it with Rocs and only interested in Discraft and Innova). considering ditching the MRV. Will try faster discs when the Valk collection dies.

Last edited:
This is the reason I actually have 7 different bags - each is loaded with a different set-up. I keep them all stocked and ready for play.

amazing...

Are the setups for different vendors, like Innova bag, Legacy bag, etc. Or are they for different situations, like Windy, Snow, Rain, Short Course, Long Course, Tournament, etc.

I used to be a minimalist. I feel like I've really perfected my bag to be ready to walk on to any course under any random wind condition and compete. I love having all of my bases covered and having molds that fit my game perfectly. Some of mine don't get used more than others but they all have their place.

Currently using 10 molds (16 total in bag).

Over the years I went from a 10 disc bag, to a twenty and back to a ten. I think everyone goes through the "I wish I had X right now" phase. Now I usually carry eight discs and seven molds on the course. Then the twenty disc bag is usually in the truck just in case.

amazing...

Are the setups for different vendors, like Innova bag, Legacy bag, etc. Or are they for different situations, like Windy, Snow, Rain, Short Course, Long Course, Tournament, etc.

I would be interested in this as well. I do have two bags set up for course play at the moment. One carries a dozen discs and is set up for short courses (no distance drivers) and casual rounds (a couple discs auditioning for a spot in my other bag). My second set up is 18 discs for tourney play or my first time playing a new course.

Decrease, but only a small amount. I have nothing against throwing a lot more molds than the aviar-roc-teebird gang.

Temporarily decreased to 3 molds/discs due to snow.

Opto XXX, X Comet, S Wizard.

Ironically, all go about 310', different lines.

I'm fairly new... But I go back and forth... I have several drivers and I feel I could probably buy one mold in different weights for different. But I also like being able to throw my disc the same and just rely on the disc to do what it is design to do flight wise.

Mids I am trying to find myself still.

Putters I just use one mold.

Not sure. Started out with a ton of molds, then I disced down and minimized after realizing I sucked, now I'm slowly adding molds as my distance and junk game increases.

I find I'm getting bored with my game a bit so I'm adding stuff in here and there. Most recently the Outlaw and Mongoose are in. Truth is, though, that I rarely throw anything beyond a speed 7 disc out there. It's just not necessary.

Latest posts