• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Heat

I love my Z Heat.

I've left course without it 5 times. Twice, I went back and found it the next morning. Once time, it was found by someone else probably 20 minutes after I abandoned it. Once, it spent about a week in a pond. Then I turned into over into a mess last summer. Someone else found it and threw it into a pond, and I got a call back almost a year after I lost it (the gold foil turned silver).

I've tried all sorts of 9 speeds in the interim (Saint, Hatchet, Valkyrie, Roadrunner, Sphinx) and nothing in that range is anywhere near as straight and consistent for me.

Not ashamed to say that the Heat is my main driver and a favorite disc. Goes far and is consistent for me. I have Z FLX Heat.

For those that also like the Heat what other discs do you bag? I assume I would like similar. Been away from keeping up with discs so curious if I ought try for kicks or to complement the Heat. I'm mostly interested in what drivers you use in OS slot or for other reasons.

Here's some I currently throw below. I don't want to list any other drivers yet because I don't want it to sway your comments.
Mids: Buzz, X Comet (Recently found a Prime DD Bounty, which I'm honestly liking more), Verdict
Throwing putters: Proxy, Zone

I used to bag the Heat for a brief period. Eventually it got pushed out in favor of the Hatchet. They are both very similar discs but I just find the Hatchet slightly more predictable and a little longer.

If you want a distance driver version of your Heat, I might suggest the Bolt by Latitude 64. Don't let the 13 speed rating fool you. This disc is very friendly for people who don't have tons of power. It was one of the first discs that I could reliably hyzer flip.

These days my drivers kind of move in and out of my bag. I currently have a Captain and an Enigma in the bag. If the wind is crazy enough that I don't trust the Enigma I'll just throw a Felon.

The Scorch and Rogue both fly pretty similar to the more stable Heats out there. They're basically interchangeable.

I tend to throw the Cryztal Sparkle Heat, unless I need a lot of turn. That flies a bit more like a slower Zeus.

I used to bag the Heat for a brief period. Eventually it got pushed out in favor of the Hatchet. They are both very similar discs but I just find the Hatchet slightly more predictable and a little longer.

If you want a distance driver version of your Heat, I might suggest the Bolt by Latitude 64. Don't let the 13 speed rating fool you. This disc is very friendly for people who don't have tons of power. It was one of the first discs that I could reliably hyzer flip.

These days my drivers kind of move in and out of my bag. I currently have a Captain and an Enigma in the bag. If the wind is crazy enough that I don't trust the Enigma I'll just throw a Felon.

IMO the Havoc is more like a Heat than the Bolt. Very similar flight and rim configuration.

The only good Heat I've thrown was a Z FLX. All others were too flippy. Normal Z Heat seems like 9, 6, -4, 2. Lots of glide, but too much high speed turn.

IMO the Havoc is more like a Heat than the Bolt. Very similar flight and rim configuration.

The only good Heat I've thrown was a Z FLX. All others were too flippy. Normal Z Heat seems like 9, 6, -4, 2. Lots of glide, but too much high speed turn.

My very small sample size of Z FLX is same, more stable.

FWIW, the current distance driver I have that is most similar to the Heat is my Pro Destroyer. Very similar flight for me. More of a backup though since Heat keeps up with it for the most part.

Will feel a Bolt and Havoc for kicks sometime. For a wide open shot, I bag and will throw a F2 blizzard Katana (I think, the writing's faded; Stamp says Krait) that I found, which I can consistently get more distance out of than Heat.

I pair my Heat with a Star Destroyer for Stable slot. Fairway drivers, aside from my OS ones, are Crave and Pro Leopard. The Crave is a nice disc but it's more of a hit my line guy than a get distance guy... for me anyway. Be nice if I could get that same flight with another 50 ft. That'd really be ideal complement for the Heat, in it's speed category anyway.

i got an ESP Heat back at least 18 months, its pretty beat, id say if i were selling it it would be a 5/10. Weirdly still not that understable but very neutral which is surprising.