• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HELP!!! What discs for my gf?

My wife throws a 150 Valk on every hole lol. She can throw it far for a girl.

I can't throw a Cobra anywhere but in the trash. That's the most awkward disc I've ever felt. I'm sure it's a grip issue, but the thin lip messes up my throws. I threw mine to my little brother to use as a catch disc. Preferences are funny.

I got my a set of 150s (Leopard/Shark/Aviar) along with a light 160 archangel and she has been doing really good with them. Granted she has an athletic background but 150s are a good way to start a girlfriend/wife/significant other off.

Good suggestion here. If you wanted to go discraft I guess I would go with a lighter Buzz and XL.

At Worlds last week My wife talked to Elaine King(World Champion) and she told her to get a Archangel and said it did not need to be a 150 class she could throw heavier.

I would think Mrs. King would Know haha

I suggest you think twice about inviting your girl into your disc golf world. unless she is ugly then disreagard the following. this is what is going to happen. she will be friends with all of your friends, they will flirt with her, no biggie, but when you break up, and you will. she will continue to play. now she will be playing with your friends, they will come out of the wood work asking her to play. everyone will ask you about her long after you have broken up becuase they expect to see you both together. eventually, and god forbid she broke your heart, you will have to see her dating one of your so-called dg friends.

Good Luck! :D

I suggest you think twice about inviting your girl into your disc golf world. unless she is ugly then disreagard the following. this is what is going to happen. she will be friends with all of your friends, they will flirt with her, no biggie, but when you break up, and you will. she will continue to play. now she will be playing with your friends, they will come out of the wood work asking her to play. everyone will ask you about her long after you have broken up becuase they expect to see you both together. eventually, and god forbid she broke your heart, you will have to see her dating one of your so-called dg friends.

Good Luck! :D

That story sounds a little personal