• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help with tennis elbow

At home I was doing the following:
1) bad arm straight out, push wrist downwards with other hand and hold for 20 seconds x 3
2) bad arm straight out, pull wrist backwards with other hand and hold for 20 seconds x 3
3) hold some longer object out with straight arm with thumb inward, rotate hand over till thumb outwards and back and forth x 20
4) bicep curl with very light weight x 20
5) curl up dish towel and squeeze with bad arm's hand on and off

At PT also did different stuff with bands, pulleys, etc... and got graston technique done each time.

I've been told that tennis elbow is from repeating the same elbow motion, and having the same repetition of the elbow in the opposite motion will at least mitigate the effects.

Get a compression and support elbow brace if you need to play...rest gets rid of tennis elbow. It is an over/misuse injury

I have sleeves, braces, and the tennis elbow wraps. I use them regularly to no avail. I'm a steelworker and between hammering, wrenching, and everything else, my elbows and wrists are falling apart.

Haha. This is the AD s on this thread now.

"Magnetic Bracelets"

picture.php

At home I was doing the following:
1) bad arm straight out, push wrist downwards with other hand and hold for 20 seconds x 3
2) bad arm straight out, pull wrist backwards with other hand and hold for 20 seconds x 3
3) hold some longer object out with straight arm with thumb inward, rotate hand over till thumb outwards and back and forth x 20

This is the sort of thing I do when warming up to play.

I suspect it would be useful to assemble a list of stretches and such to do regularly once one has levelled up to Fogey (40) and wants to continue playing. I had elbow issues after deciding to try develop a forehand and figure that came about due to the tendons just not being as flexible now that I'm over 50, so I need to stretch a great deal more often and throw fewer forehands at a time (meaning I should have a developed forehand sometime in 2018).

How does "A Fogey's Guide to Playing Without Breaking" sound? :p

Reverse wrist curls and a theraband flexbar. Tennis elbow is a thing of the past.

Latest posts