• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

This pisses me the hell off. They dont give a damn about disc golf out there. A disc golf focused facility (eg. Sandy Point - go there if you want an alternative to Highbridge) would never ingest and subsequently diarhhea out the fairways like this.

John's head is out on Saturn with his "business plan", and Abby is just a dishonest nut. Call me an d bag or whatever, but I am sick of seeing the nicest courses ever created turned into a dysenteric refuse tributary.

I was warned about these delerious shenanigans long ago, but it has taken me till now for them to unfold before my eyes. And it sucks.

Rant no.2 over. *DROPS PLAYSKOOL MIC*

Last edited:
Man, what a shame. I really wanted to keep believing HBH could survive, but if they're going to do multiple events like this every year, it's over. Still want to go up once more, early in the year just to finally be able to play Bear while it's in good shape, but that'll be the end of my HBH trips.

So I take it Abby is back again.

Obviously because of the substances that come along with a rave scene.

Once those are gone, I'm sure she will be as well.

I wonder if this means they are moving forward with the Infrasound plans.

I wonder if this means they are moving forward with the Infrasound plans.

Last thing I heard was that Infra cancelled the one that was going to be this fall so that they could work things out with John before the Summer one next year. So from their side, it seems they are planning to continue at HB.

I'm cancelling my Highbridge trip. It's gonna be Sandy Point instead, plus probably Mt. Zion, Mtn. Man's, all the Keweenaw courses, then Marquette, Grand Marais and St. Ignace. IMO, Highbridge was mortally wounded this year. Next springs rave will finish it off. What a jokinen.:thmbdown:

Last thing I heard was that Infra cancelled the one that was going to be this fall so that they could work things out with John before the Summer one next year. So from their side, it seems they are planning to continue at HB.

It has been mentioned a few times on their Facebook page that they may try to shape Highbridge to fit their needs. While never overtly or explicitly expressed, it was heavily implied that they have no respect for the courses as they are laid out and if holes are redesigned to meet their needs, oh well, we are such a small community that it is really not hurting anyone.

We fell victim to HBH this past weekend due to arriving only to find a large "festival" happening. Grounds are trashed. Our group has attempted posting pictures on HBH Facebook to share with others. We're thinking they are deleting our posts. Luckily, Mike from Sandy Point, saved our trip, most of us driving 4+ hours and one flew in from Tennessee.

Granite and Woodland are good to play, but I would rather not step on a used Tampon or have my disc land in human feces.

Possibility were bailing too after hearing this... Any suggestions on camp spots near Sandy Point? Looks like all they have is cabins.

Possibility were bailing too after hearing this... Any suggestions on camp spots near Sandy Point? Looks like all they have is cabins.

I dont know exact spots but Minocqua is only 15 minutes away and I can almost gurantee that there are campgrounds nearby, I'd look there. Plus Brandy Lake is a great pitch n' putt course to take a spin on.

Disc golf daily fees are not enough to sustain that property as shown by John dabbling in anything else that can bring in money and people. Its too big of a place in too far away of an area. If that place was within 2 hours of multiple metros it would kill it on just disc golf but it is simply too far away and too much property to maintain at the volume level provided. $10 a day is a steal for 6 courses . . . if I lived nearby I would be there daily but there are probably only a hundred people who play there regularly and the rest of us are a once a year visitor (at best).

I'd love to see it work and I hope John can figure out a nice balance between disc golf and other things but he also need some support in how to publicize the other events and when disc golf is impacted. I hope there are still people willing to give it a chance and help him but I also hate to see more people run out of there feeling unappreciated and/or unpaid. Thats just bad business so I hope it all works out. I would have been one of those people myself who helped in hopes of making it great . . . but it just isn't the right place for it or someone with a different approach should be running it. I'll plan to revist HBH this fall or maybe next and I hope to find the conditions as I found them in November a few years ago when I played all 6 courses in about a 48 hour visit.

Not sure when you are travelling there but NOT ON Labor Day Weekend . . . Northwoods Open is that weekend and all cabins are booked and a ton of people camping nearby. It is already sold out but he does have a waiting list.

I have heard of this, from John and Abby, and they were really pushing it, because and this is not my quote, "the PDGA has screwed over so many people, including Holly Finley, who John had a deal ready to go for her, and it is the PDGA's fault it fell through"

Funny this is the same exact experience I had when I was there last year. Holly Finley quote and everything. Along with some juju bashing as well over something he said on here or facebook. Can't quite remember but it was chuckle worthy for sure.

Exactly. If he had 2-3 courses and focused on them or if this was closer to the metro, it would be more sustainable.

The thing with the rave is that its underground and the location gets released a couple days beforehand. It's supposed to have - not happened, so communication for the actual disc golfers gets lost. We had to jump through hoops to figure out what was going on this weekend.. just started laughing when we rolled in to a festival.

After a few years coming up, our group has understood that its a gamble and may have to take a year off from the hill, especially when we have people coming from all over. Sandy Point looks intriguing but I'd be worried one course isn't enough for the drive. Still would like to hit it one day.

Super secret rave at Highbridge...shhhh! Don't pass it on.

Infrasound_2_lo+v4+FINAL.jpg

Even Furthur does seem to be a little more secretive though. They listed that they'll be in "Somehwere", WI. Highbridge seems to be more "Nowhere, WI", but they at least are trying to be sneaky.

Last edited:
The infra one was known well before. If you're not tuned in to drop bass network and the like though, how would you know. Plus, I believe the deal for this one being at HBH only got inked a month or two out .. We plan our trips well over 6 months out.

Exactly. If he had 2-3 courses and focused on them or if this was closer to the metro, it would be more sustainable.

The thing with the rave is that its underground and the location gets released a couple days beforehand. It's supposed to have - not happened, so communication for the actual disc golfers gets lost. We had to jump through hoops to figure out what was going on this weekend.. just started laughing when we rolled in to a festival.

After a few years coming up, our group has understood that its a gamble and may have to take a year off from the hill, especially when we have people coming from all over. Sandy Point looks intriguing but I'd be worried one course isn't enough for the drive. Still would like to hit it one day.

Go camp at Rollin' Ridge. Hit Silver Creek, Winter Park and whatever else you feel like driving to. Or just play at the Ridge...9 unique layouts at all times.