• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How anal are you about your equiptment?

Langston77

Idk if its just me but I cant stand a complete dirty bag. At the end of each week I take all my disc out, take the vaccume hose to my bag and wipe it down with a wet cloth. Then wash all my towels and wipe down my disc. Just curious if anyone else is like this or what is your weekly, daily, montly or yearly cleaning routine.

*raises hand*
I bought a slop sink so I could wash my discs in something other than the kitchen/bathroom sinks.
Well, to be honest I bought it for dg discs and for developing photos. But still, DG was at least 50% of the reason.

Don't forget to wash your DG towels, fold them neatly, and put them into the stack in the Sterilite container labeled for disc golf towels. The towel container is on top of the stack of Sterilites with Rocs and Comets. The Sterilite with the minis is on top of the stack of Sterilites with assorted midranges. Etc, ad nauseum. I think you see where this is going...

*raises hand*
I bought a slop sink so I could wash my discs in something other than the kitchen/bathroom sinks.
Well, to be honest I bought it for dg discs and for developing photos. But still, DG was at least 50% of the reason.

Don't forget to wash your DG towels, fold them neatly, and put them into the stack in the Sterilite container labeled for disc golf towels. The towel container is on top of the stack of Sterilites with Rocs and Comets. The Sterilite with the minis is on top of the stack of Sterilites with assorted midranges. Etc, ad nauseum. I think you see where this is going...

haha i like!!

I use my hands when I play. :|

Every throw: casually knock the loose dirt clumps or mud off the disc before replacing it in the bag.

Every week on laundry day: wash and dry any dirty DG towels with the usual laundry. Towels are folded up in a little pile in my "disc golf stuff" area.

After an unusually muddy or soggy round: wash the muddy discs in the kitchen sink with warm water and a sponge, no soap. Empty the bag and shake it upside-down to get the dirt and grass out of it.

Every six months or so: Empty out the bag and hose it off in the shower, using the hand-held sprayer.

My spouse, on the other hand, washes all of her discs with hot soapy water in the kitchen sink about once a month, spreads them all out on a towel on the kitchen table to dry, then snaps some photos of them and posts them to her brand's Facebook fan page. . . XD

I wash my bag monthly and discs every other week. I keep it simple. I let the discs soak in soapy warm water for about an hour then rinse them and then air dry in the dish rack.

I don't think I've ever cleaned my bag or washed my discs.

I'll throw my towels in the laundry once every few months.

I wash my discs often, I can't stand gritty, muddy or greasy feeling discs. The bag? not so much, that I don't seem to give a hoot about. Dump it upside down once in a while to knock out the grass and twigs.

Oh just wait that bag will complain all up in your face, lol. My grip got really mildewy last spring after playing back to back days in the rain and then forgetting to let it air out... That was a fun tourney carrying that stinky thing around for 8hrs...:gross:

I vacuum my bag out every few weeks if there it's super dry and dusty outside or it's fall and a lot of dead vegitation finds its way into my bag. Only after the muddiest rounds will I clean off my discs. Now that I have a cart, that's something to wipe down every once in a while too. I have a rotation of towels and wash dirty ones and rotate in clean ones after wet/muddy rounds. Air drying the bag is a must after rainy rounds, I take everything out and let it sit upside down and as open as I can get it in front of a fan.

All in all, its an outside sport, and stuff gets dirty. I try not to stress on it too much, but maybe I do because I try to take good care of my equipment all the time.

Casual rounds I tend to just wipe off the dust and dirt. But as part of my tourney routine, the night before I will unpack my entire bag, wash all discs in warm soapy water, dry, then meticulously repack my bag. I have 2 white soft and megasoft putters in the bag, they tend to get pretty gnarly looking after a couple of weeks of play. Then about every three months I will use the wife's carpet cleaner hand held attachment to clean my bag.

clean the discs as needed or when I'm bored.

I am anal about how discs are arranged in the bag though. over to under stable by type (putters, mids, etc.) going L>R.

When I go to wipe off my disc, and the towel doesn't flex at all, it gets washed when I get home. Other than that, I wipe off my discs before they get put back in the bag. I'll randomly empty my bag and shake out the loose crap in there, but that's about it.

Sounds about right.

Discs don't seem to mind and my bag has yet to complain.

This is me. However, I dumped my bag out the other day and a bunch of leaves and other assorted detritus fell out. It also smelled a little swampy, so I think I will wash it once in a while.

When I go to wipe off my disc, and the towel doesn't flex at all, it gets washed when I get home. Other than that, I wipe off my discs before they get put back in the bag. I'll randomly empty my bag and shake out the loose crap in there, but that's about it.

This would be me except i can't keep a towel for more than a few rounds so i don't do disc golf related laundry either.

I between rounds or when i am at home will wipe, clean and polish dirt, mud and abrasions off my discs so they look and feel as new as they can be. Towels get cleaned as needed. My bag is a gen1 innova competition bag and i dont clean it at all.