• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How anal are you about your equiptment?

I have two concerns: poison ivy and goose poop

Other than that, I don't really see the point in all this cleanliness.

Although I will advise against picking up any towel found in the woods.

When I got my Grip AX15 (for $80), I cleaned the dog hair off it that the previous owner's dog got all over it.

As for discs, I clean them when they have an excess of dust on them. I like having a clean grip between my hand and the plastic, so I also wipe off the rim on every throw, but just the part that I grip the disc with

Could we re-title this thread, before someone replies with stories that have nothing to do with disc golf, that we really don't want to hear?

As for cleaning my discs, I don't. My philosophy is that they're building up their immune systems. Though someone once suggested that a DX disc of mine had accumulated dirt to the point that it weight 215g.

How about:

"How angel are you about your equipment?"

no cleaning of discs/bag unless it's caked on... but man, I would like to cleanup this thread title.

I never put my equipment up my arse so, I guess my answer is "not anal about my equipment at all." :|

Funny thread, I have been finding hobo prostate exciters at my local course. The nose of a model rocket being by far the best, A doob tube being a strong second.

Funny thread, I have been finding hobo prostate exciters at my local course. The nose of a model rocket being by far the best, A doob tube being a strong second.

what kind of rocket? my dogs found a huge double-sided dildo at the dog run and wouldn't give it up. I finally made them give it up when i got tired of all the weird looks....:|

I usually wipe my discs and bag down with disinfecting wipes about every couple weeks or so. Towels tend to disappear pretty often for me too. Seriously guys, the anus is on all of us to keep our discs and equipment clean.

Onus. Onus onus onus.

I know what you mean.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20160924_105310.jpg
    thumbnail_20160924_105310.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 61
I usually piss on my discs (in their Salient bag) after playing in the snow, so they don't freeze together.

Heh. We had a guy who had his dog at random draw doubles one night. Dog pissed on the fence, only it was chain link and a guy's bag was on the other side :D

^^

Lol. My dog, Pinto Bean, only pees on other's bags.

On topic: I have NEVER washed a golf bag. I have soap cleaned discs a handful of times.
Every couple months or so I use a drywall sanding foam to knock burrs off of and smooth nicks in my plastic. This cleans up scuff marks and whatever else from the surface.
I also wipe with towels and play casual rounds in the rain. The dog doesn't mind and apparently, I don't either.

Last edited:

Latest posts