• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How anal are you about your equiptment?

I keep a clean bag and usually put it on a stool between throws if the terrain allows for it, but that's mostly so I don't have to bend down as much. My shoulder straps get pretty ripe in the sweat filled summer months, though. I'll wash them once or twice as a nicety for those around me. The discs don't get a deep clean as often as they probably should, but I keep a golf towel clipped to the bag for the little stuff.

Could we re-title this thread, before someone replies with stories that have nothing to do with disc golf, that we really don't want to hear?

As for cleaning my discs, I don't. My philosophy is that they're building up their immune systems. Though someone once suggested that a DX disc of mine had accumulated dirt to the point that it weight 215g.

The main reason I wash my discs is because they are much easier to locate after a errant throw in the thick rough or thick woods.

I put all my discs in the washer on delicate cycle. Then I throw them in the dryer on low heat. I don't mind the racket they make.

I rinse my discs off after a particularly muddy round, but otherwise not so much. I have vacuumed out my bag once. Usually just tip it over to dump the leaves and dirt every once in awhile. I do wash my towels fairly often. Once a month at least.

I wash mine the second Tuesday of each week on a biannual basis only to be interrupted by particularly fair weather rounds. Just my two cents

The ones that stay in the bag don't get washed. But if they are coming out of the bag (benched), they get washed. The bag gets a good shake out every once and awhile and sometimes vacuumed. Towels get washed once they are no longer their original color.

Surprised no one owned up to bathing with their discs.

Dont wash your bag in the washing machine! I ruined my starter bag when I was a noob doing that. I wash my discs about every week, mostly because I'm poison ivy sensitive and dont want to track that nasty oil in my house - I like to putt inside if I cant go play at the course.

I don't think I've ever cleaned my bag or washed my discs.

I'll throw my towels in the laundry once every few months.

Yup, though I wash my towels more often, due to poison ivy considerations. I occasionally clomp my boots and am religious about wash my socks after each use.

I have a big 'ol towel I wipe disks off with as I play. NEVER have washed by discs in any way. has never washed my bag either, though I suspect I'll need to some day. I do wash that nice towel every few months, though.....

I shake the dirt and leaves off of my discs and bag with a good, hard drop kick during my weekly tantrum. Nothing gets those ground up leaves out of the bottom of your bag like punting it 20 feet across the fairway. :|

I shake the dirt and leaves off of my discs and bag with a good, hard drop kick during my weekly tantrum. Nothing gets those ground up leaves out of the bottom of your bag like punting it 20 feet across the fairway. :|

It really isn't proper etiquette to cause a guy to shoot an adult beverage through his nose. :thmbup:

I rinse my discs off after a particularly muddy round, but otherwise not so much. I have vacuumed out my bag once. Usually just tip it over to dump the leaves and dirt every once in awhile. I do wash my towels fairly often. Once a month at least.

Same here. I dont wash my towels though they seem to disapear b4 that can happen lol.

This thread is hilarious.

Anyone else take a bubble bath after a round and wash their discs in the tub with Ivory soap and a Lush bath bomb?

No?

I worked really hard on my DG bag, so I try not to get it dirty on rounds. Definitely have to vacuum out the detritus on solstices & equinoxes.

I usually wipe my discs and bag down with disinfecting wipes about every couple weeks or so. Towels tend to disappear pretty often for me too. Seriously guys, the anus is on all of us to keep our discs and equipment clean.

I try to keep everything clean. I hate the tactile feel of old dirt or mud still on discs from previous rounds. If it is really bad, a good wipe down from Acetone will remove almost any mark.

I have never thrown a bag in the wash or given them more than a quick wiping from a paper towel, but while playing I do my utmost to not get them dirty in the first place. As for leaves and grass inside the bag. I usually do not notice until it becomes too obnoxious or obvious.

As for my cart, yeah that will get wiped down almost immediately upon discovering something on it.

As for appearance in general. I try to run certain color schemes depending on the season. All white discs for the cart, unless white is not available in that plastic, in which case I substitute black in. For my Revo bag that I use more for the winter or for rounds that I will definitely have my camera with, I have an all yellow theme going. Finally, my Grip, which I use for recreational rounds I run a little more freely with my back-ups and practice discs, but mostly orange with some yellows.

Latest posts