• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many people play disc golf in the snow?

the snow is pretty solid after a week of frigid cold here, we got out to local soccer field course fay clark and cleaned the pads off for a round yesterday and were skipping upside down drivers off the snow to the next pads

the snow is pretty solid after a week of frigid cold here, we got out to local soccer field course fay clark and cleaned the pads off for a round yesterday and were skipping upside down drivers off the snow to the next pads

I have had some highly entertainig snow skips this year. Discs catching a crust and doin' a 180 backwards.

Call me simple, but I love when a disc sticks in a tombstone, and then keeps spinning. Especially tie-dyes.

i saw someone throw a FH way too low and it basically slid all the way down the fairway while spinning, then turned to the right while sliding as if it was fading in the air. pretty funny looking

I have had some highly entertainig snow skips this year. Discs catching a crust and doin' a 180 backwards.

Call me simple, but I love when a disc sticks in a tombstone, and then keeps spinning. Especially tie-dyes.

Not simple at all, part of the entertainment you can only get in the snow. Its amazing how far a really hot worm burner can slide across the frozen stuff. Or how far it can slide undetected ujust under the snow.

Not simple at all, part of the entertainment you can only get in the snow. Its amazing how far a really hot worm burner can slide across the frozen stuff. Or how far it can slide undetected ujust under the snow.

Can be a curse too. I've found my discs entry point in the snow, and ended up digging it up 15-20 ft. past it with no trail whatsoever.

Can be a curse too. I've found my discs entry point in the snow, and ended up digging it up 15-20 ft. past it with no trail whatsoever.

I know that one oh so well. That's where my Coast Guard Search and Rescue training comes back to me. Doing search patterns in the snow. :D
But then If I get one caught up in the briars and brambles its a hellava lot easier to find without all the leaves.

Not simple at all, part of the entertainment you can only get in the snow. Its amazing how far a really hot worm burner can slide across the frozen stuff.

Oh man I know this. Had a few 300 foot drives the other day where at least 200 of it was on the snow. What is going to be more shocking is the first time the snow and ice is gone, the grass is back, and you do the same shot and the grass acts like velcro.

I parked my buzzz (Yellow/Red tie-dye) literally under the basket yesterday from the tee and it just spun like a record for about 30 seconds.. Love it.

I work outside. I'd rather see calm, sunny and 15% than windy, cloudy and 30%.

Noticed after it was too late to edit and never did anything about it, but what I meant is I live in WI and this winter we haven't had much under the 20's most days. Except for a few days of bitterly cold Canadian air we received recently. So I was refering to weather in the teens being a blessing part was surprising, since i figured your average tempuratures would be better than ours.

you guys won't believe this. another round at fay clark with clean teepads and i find this out in the fairway of hole 9 as i'm looking for my teeshot. i see an entry point, but then i see a second entry point a little farther to the left about 60 feet away. i unearth my disc, put my bag down, go to the second point and kick the snow off.

i sh*t a brick. uninked, too

Attachments

• cebaby001.jpg
    cebaby001.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 34
I parked my buzzz (Yellow/Red tie-dye) literally under the basket yesterday from the tee and it just spun like a record for about 30 seconds.. Love it.

I had a throw with my Leopard yesterday...right under the basket...then a slide...a skip...more sliding...a roll...and about fifty feet later under a tree...

It hurt...

I also forgot to say my first snow round was also my first round with quad shocks :D. They are rather nice, though I do find it tough to get my silverback in the right spot on my back without them being pretty hard to slip on both arms. Which is why I used a single strap from them most of the time :\.

Snow is a great way to work on your standing shot skills.

I know it's old news but you don't need any gimmicks to find your discs, just keep your eye on it until it lands and remember to create as little foot tracks in the snow as possible. Then, just look for a hole or disc trail in the snow and their you go, you found it! Re-trace your previous foot tracks when possible.

Played a round today and for the first time all winter I was really missing dry tee pads and the warmth of spring/summer/fall.

Played a round today and for the first time all winter I was really missing dry tee pads and the warmth of spring/summer/fall.

Truf
Any sort of throw that requires you to derive power from your legs is kim possible on ice rink tee pads. If you step off and throw in the snow adjacent to the pad you can't get any power. All arms today. :wall:

No need for work on my standing shot skills, I've chose not to work in an x step until I have what I consider good enough control. Though I do take a single step forward, but that's all. I've got a friend who surprises about everyone he knows with how far he can throw standing still(he did start out using the beto tips). Actually makes me sort of wish I did the same.

Just finished 18 with my brother. 25 degrees, and a fresh 4 inches on top of our 7 we had. We had a blast today. He mostly threw his comet for everything just to keep from getting fresh powder all over everything. I just kept a TL and Rhyno in hand and ignored most everything else. No wind or it would have been less fun.

I'll get photos that he took later.

PLayed in 5 inches of melting snow, 44. Nice. Way too slushy and muddy, it better be melted all the way by the ice bowl...

I'm in florida so I never see snow here, but I go to Norman OK for a couple weeks, about twice a year for work. Last march I woke up to a heavy snow fall one saturday, so the first thing I thought of was playing DG at griffin park. I swapped out all the white and yellow discs in my bag for red and blue, and headed for the park. It was snowing heavily and was cold as the 9th plane of hell.

I think I laughed the whole round.:D

Latest posts