• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many people play disc golf in the snow?

Anyone ever thought of bringing a roll up sled with them? I just thought because it would be sort of fun to use instead, like if you have a bomb of a hill to walk down or something. Obviously it couldn't be used too often, but seems like it could add a little extra fun.

Anyone ever thought of bringing a roll up sled with them? I just thought because it would be sort of fun to use instead, like if you have a bomb of a hill to walk down or something. Obviously it couldn't be used too often, but seems like it could add a little extra fun.
You always have a dry spot to set your bag too.

My pals and I use plastic toboggans all winter. One sled carries three bags easily. You can always jump on and ride down a big hill when the opportunity arises. Sometimes we play that the guy who is last in honors hauls the sled. Our shovel fits on, as well as salt when we have to haul that around.

If you live in NY, you pretty much live in the snow during winter so you gotta play. Best thing you can do if you are going to play is check out what the snow depth is before you make the drive out to the course. If it is under 6 inches it is no problem to play if you track your shots.

There are some advantages to playing in the winter. No leaves on trees / no rough vegitation. Approach shots stick to ground better due to snow.

I have been having problems getting good drives because of slipage. Wet and cold throwing hand probably doesn't help either.

If you live in NY, you pretty much live in the snow during winter so you gotta play. Best thing you can do if you are going to play is check out what the snow depth is before you make the drive out to the course. If it is under 6 inches it is no problem to play if you track your shots.

There are some advantages to playing in the winter. No leaves on trees / no rough vegitation. Approach shots stick to ground better due to snow.

I have been having problems getting good drives because of slipage. Wet and cold throwing hand probably doesn't help either.

the thin under armour gloves are awesome., warm and waterproof

Went out yesterday and it didn't seem that cold (28 degrees), but my old Champ Destroyer must have hit a tree just right + cold =
picture.php

Went out yesterday and it didn't seem that cold (28 degrees), but my old Champ Destroyer must have hit a tree just right + cold =
picture.php

goddamn. i saw a kc pro roc that was only about a month old hit the ground too hard and crack 3 huge lines on the flightplate a couple days ago. makes me scared to throw anything that i cant make finish mostly flat

that is crazy that Champion just cracked like that... out in negative degrees?

of the very few times I've walked courses this winter it hasnt been that cold, but I guarantee that it ahs been a couple of times my buddy has gone and played. Guy has played prob 80% of winter.

I like hitting putts in the living room at 72 degrees with music playing, more fun than freezing your ass off. However, I will always resort back to the pros of winter which is my beer is always colder when I pick it up than when I set it down :thmbsup:

Same here in Wisco. Like you said -- winter play does have its advantages! Maybe the biggest one that you didn't mention is that you almost always have the course to yourself.

Best to play between 20 and 26 degrees; cold enough to stay frozen (to reduce wetness), warm enough to keep your hands thawed.

Today, I hit the same tree 3 times in a row with the same disc. It was immediately off the first tee and I picked it back up each time, determined to figure out how to throw. Funny thing is, if I tried to hit that tree, I would miss more than hit. Disc is in X plastic, and you cant tell it hit anything.

Between not being able to throw that well, and searching for any disc that went in nose down under the snow, Im done trying to play in snow. Especailly alone.

How many people play in the snow?......all of them! Oh,sorry, I thought this was the "Best DG joke thread".

Latest posts