• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] How Many Putters Do You Carry?

I use a couple of dx Aviars for putting practice and a star Aviar for driving and upshots. The star Aviars has almost no fade so it doesn´t alter the line I put it on and for anything else that needs fade or turn I rather use mid ranges.

At the moment, 4 total.
2x D-P1x (one only for putts and another more worked in for approaches/turnovers/jump putts)
1x P-P1x (90% of my putter drives are with this)
1x Gummy Champ Rhyno (more OS than the P1x, but not a meat hook - good for wind or approaches that I really need to sit)

I also carry a Champ Gator which fills that super OS putter/mid slot. It is the disc that I have the most success with for those shots.

5 total.
1 ESP Zone for Driving/Approaching/Windy putts. Pretty much my most versatile disc.
1 400s PA4 for drives. (Will probably change this to a 750 PA4)
1 350G PA4 for approaches and long putts
2 350G PA4's for putting.

Uh...5

2 Liquid Touches for putting
1 Tar Pit Sale for approaches
1Vip Harp that I will do short drives and longish skip shots with
1BT Soft Harp same as above sans the skip

Er, 8, I like putters

2 KC Aviars - putting(pretty close to same state of wear, kinda beat)
2 KC Aviars - wind/utility approach and some drives(one beat to sh*t and one pretty crispy)

2 DX Classic Rocs - Long approaches/short drives(one beat to sh*t and one being beaten to sh*t)
1 Champ Classic Roc - Wind and FH approaches
1 Z Zone - Putter-distance BH spike hyzers/random utility & FH shots

Two, Atom and a Proxy.

Three if I'm going to play with a friend who doesn't own discs and thus needs to borrow my Anode, but I'm not sure if that counts as me carrying it... I just carry it to and from the course. :)

Right now, 3. 1 Envy for approach shots and OS putter (spot is in flux). I also carry two anodes, one in plasma and the other eclipse soft. Eclipse is for main putting and the Plasma is for longer putts. When Electron Anodes come out I plan on carrying 4 putters (2 electrons for putting, 1 plasma for approach shots) along with the Envy.

Fresh P Envy
Beat P Envy
Soft N Envy
GL Pure
Omega SS
Cryztal FLX Zone

I want to add a Proxy eventually.

2 OG Wizards for putting
1 Proto Colt for drives and approach
1 Dart (rarely used, like it for a forehand approach when I have no line)
1 Challenger-extra beat in, got it for free, used for death putts into water that I couldn't retrieve

3...putting putter, S and OS throwing putter.

Putters are so workable and respond to release angle so well, I never felt the need to have a bunch of different molds in varying stabilities. I think anyone could get by with a single stable putter no sweat.

Seems contradictory.

I used to bag only an Aviar, but time passed. Soft envies in various weights for putting and driving, Fresh and old Proxy, Zone and a Nova for hilly death putts. That disc has a big, low wing that just sits down. I test trialed a Colt, but I'm just too happy with everything to mess with it at the moment. Hence, 6 or 7 putters. Envies have stolen a lot of jobs from my mids which are down to 3 though. Trade-off.

I carry 3-6. It's definitely the part of my bag with the most overlap.

Fossil Wizard- Straight to fade drives and approaches
Yeti Pro Aviar- Straight to understable drives
DX Aviar P&A (very beat)- Short turnovers, approaches, frisbee throws, jump putts, pancake shots, etc.

SS Warlock (s)- In the circle putter(s)

RFF Wizard - putting
SSS Wizard -approaches, drives
SSS Voodoo - understable drives
XT Colt - straight with fade, takes power
Hybrid Z Zone - beef

I carry 6:

> Well-seasoned San Marino Aviar - putts
> Well-seasoned SE Rhyno - flick putts, approaches
> Stiff XT Rhyno - flick putts, approaches
> Pro Pig - flick putts, approaches
> N Envy - drives