• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I need some new mids.

So for the last year, I've played occasionally. Once a week or so. But the last month or so I've gotten more time to play, unfortunately this has drained my bag. I've decided to buy some discs tomorrow. My bag is down to:

Kc pro roc. Slightly beat
z comet. Like new
champion t-bird. New
esp cyclone. Slightly beat.
Dx destroyer
And a yeti putter.

I lost my dx t-bird today and that was the final straw. So all suggestions are welcome. Fairways and mids are really really important on my home course. Very few holes over 375. I throw RHBH. Most all my throws are in the 300 foot range. Except my best drive ever today with the destroyer. 400 feet. :)

While some on here are against them I really like having an Extremely Overstable mid in my bag so I would recommend trying out a Gator if you haven't tried one. They do the same thing EVERY time you throw them.

I would recommend replacing that DX Tee-chicken that you lost for sure. After that, I would have to recommend getting you a Z-Hornet for all your overstable mid needs.

$0.02

do you not like the Roc & Comet lineup? with a few Rocs and one comet, you can cover almost every mid range shot.

other mids worth trying:
Buzzz - straight, fast, easy to throw
Mako - slower Buzzz, a lot of glide, holds any line. just very straight
MD2 - C MD2s are like a more stable Mako. basically the Innova (Discmania) answer to a Buzzz
Cro - flies like a Roc, but it's a small diameter disc
Gator, Drone, Demon are all good overstable mids

Buzzz and mabye a Stalker.

Do you plan on keeping the roc/comet combo? I personally don't throw it, but have heard nothing but good things from those that do. If that is the case, you may not need any new mids right now...once that comet gets a little beat up and the roc gets more beat up, THEN you may want to buy new ones of the same molds. Same thing goes for the cyclone - once that gets decently worked in THEN your good to get another.

Until I hear any feedback on how you feel about the discs you already own, I probably shouldn't say more . . .

I use a whippet as my extremely overstable mid. I've never tried the gator, but I like the whippet for those low approach shots that need to turn hard right (flick for me) or hard left to have a good chance of making it through cover. I do overheads with it too, but not very far.

Is the z comet understable enough for you? What do you throw in an extremely strong tailwind? I use putter or stingray.

Buzzz is so 2005. Get a Pain and a Fuse. You will be happy and score lower.

I would recommend replacing that DX Tee-chicken that you lost for sure. After that, I would have to recommend getting you a Z-Hornet for all your overstable mid needs.

$0.02

completly agree, Z hornet Is a great addition. Maybe a buzz but it looks like you have a pretty good setup already

Z Buzzz is my personal favorite. Not very versatile but it really excels at line-drives, slight hyzers, and slight anny's once they get beat.

Just about any other mid will compliment it fairly well.

I like the Mako. Get a Champ and a Star. The Champ will get you a little more distance than the star will and it has more glide. The Star Mako is good for the 100' straight line shot.