• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok guys. Looking for a little help on this disc. What I can tell you about this disc is that it is a champ zipper top starfire. I know that the Xs are the x out x that innova uses but I dont think that it is a X out disc. Any help would be great. Thanks a million.

those are NOT the x's that innova uses for xouts.
they have "innova factory second" acrossed a cut out "X"...
like this
IMG_5957.JPG

those are NOT the x's that innova uses for xouts.
they have "innova factory second" acrossed a cut out "X"...
like this
[/QUOTE]

I've seen them do the arc print like he pictured as well. I'm really not sure when they decide to use which stamp. Maybe it depends on which warehouse it comes out of (west/east)?

I know that it is not an X out disc or doesnt have the F2 on it, but the Xs on the disc are the same Xs that they use on the F2 xouts

so...i know a few things about this disc.

it's not super old. has www tooling and is an aviar driver.

has a double little wing stamp.

but what i'm curious about is this white mess of stamps. the material used is nothing i've seen on a stamp. seems like white out or something of the like that just didn't work as an experiment. it's super thick in the center and even has some fingerprint marks.

really a sweet/unique looking disc with the gold little wing underneath and this white up top. any info appreciated.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 37
That really looks like it was applied after it was sold like it is actually white out or something.

That really looks like it was applied after it was sold like it is actually white out or something.

that's kind of the weird part...picked it up from a place that it was clearly unsold and in their inventory. maybe somebody was bored at work?

So I've got these 2 dx sharks. And they are super flexible. Is this from a certain run of dx or is it something more unique than that?

View attachment 37560

View attachment 37561

Looks like one of the Omega plastic runs they did (not one of the older "gummy" sharks). They did a limited test run in this plastic which is high in rubber like the Omega supersoft putters and gave them out to a few pros to see what they thought. It never went into production. They are pretty rare for sure. Every so often they pop up though. I think most are light grey.
The older "gummy" sharks are soft and gritty feeling as opposed to the Omega Sharks that are smooth and feel like the old pro Rhinos but alot more flexible.

I think it is just a particular run. I'm pretty sure I have an Aviar or something that is that flexy.
Whats the weight on them?

180 on each.

Looks like one of the Omega plastic runs they did (not one of the older "gummy" sharks). They did a limited test run in this plastic which is high in rubber like the Omega supersoft putters and gave them out to a few pros to see what they thought. It never went into production. They are pretty rare for sure. Every so often they pop up though. I think most are light grey.
The older "gummy" sharks are soft and gritty feeling as opposed to the Omega Sharks that are smooth and feel like the old pro Rhinos but alot more flexible.

So they're are two runs of Omega sharks? The old circle stamp which is grittier, and then these ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts