• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely not fb. Its pretty flippy, and the plastic is so gummy that it may even be a 150 disc.
Throws like an understable fairway driver but I was trying to rip it 400'. Could be gazelle.

Looking at the profiles on Innova's website, I agree that it looks like a Gazelle.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Gazelle.jpg
    Gazelle.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 113
Someone donated a disc to a raffle I'm holding to raise money for new baskets.

I have NO IDEA what this disc is.

It's from the ""MMI"" Am Worlds in Nashville and it's 166 grams. I know it's domey and feels like a mid. Do these pics help? Any ideas?

2eaf3eb7.jpg

797d0d72.jpg

d1243b0f.jpg

shark perhaps?? the wing looks like a roc without the bead, thats why I said that.

Could that be KC Pro Plastic? All my old KC Pro disc have the weight written out big like that but those might also be the only disc I have from the era.

It's much domier than a shark and the rim is less sharp? I'm attaching another photo.

I don't want to throw it, but just holding it, it feels like it would be MUCH flippier than a shark. The rim also feels less wide (narrower?)... Is it a Griffin perhaps?

5ff6d81d.jpg

It's not a Griffin they have beads. It could possibly be a Pegasus though I wouldn't say they are domier than a Shark.

And disregard my earlier comment all my circle stamps have the big weights :D.

Someone donated a disc to a raffle I'm holding to raise money for new baskets.

I have NO IDEA what this disc is.

It's from the ""MMI"" Am Worlds in Nashville and it's 166 grams. I know it's domey and feels like a mid. Do these pics help? Any ideas?

2eaf3eb7.jpg

797d0d72.jpg

d1243b0f.jpg
Looks like a Panther.

Panther sounds pretty good on this one...

Diameter wise, it's definitely smaller than roc. Panthers smaller in diameter than Rocs also?

Yes. The Panther is a small diameter mid. In 2001 the only small diameter mids Innova made were the Gator (it ain't a Gator), Spider (has a bead), Puma (had Thumtrac®) and Panther.

BTW, the Griffin was long OOP by 2001. The Pegasus looks almost identical to a Gazelle. The Shark has that notch on the wing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.