• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, I found the "official" What is This Disc thread! I guess now the "go find the other thread" guys will be happy.

So, a friend of mine was given this disc. The front stamp states it's a 1998 "KC Wide Open". The tooling on the back states it's an Innova, from the Ontario plant.

5785807737_e7287d5bb6.jpg

5785807995_7dc3b5697e.jpg
I'm really bad at IDing discs from pictures, but the Roc converted to the Rancho mold in '97. Innova still having blank Ontario Rocs for hot stamping in '98 would not be the weirdest thing I ever heard of, but I'd lean more toward it being a Cobra. Cobra's are often mistaken for Rocs, and the Cobra mold in '98 had Ontario tooling.

Roc ID help please?

So...this is likely a stupid noob question, but I traded for a roc today that has no stamp but appears to be a no-X KC Pro. (definitely not DX, you can see most of the old stamp in the right light)
Anyway, it feels a heck of a lot better than the current run 12X rocs I am throwing and is much grippier and a little softer. I have heard of these rocs being run in 11x plastic but am unfamiliar with the feel. Is there a way to tell?... and is there any trade value for something like this?
Feel free to 'rube me, but I couldn't find answers to this anywhere.
Thanks

So...this is likely a stupid noob question, but I traded for a roc today that has no stamp but appears to be a no-X KC Pro. (definitely not DX, you can see most of the old stamp in the right light)
Anyway, it feels a heck of a lot better than the current run 12X rocs I am throwing and is much grippier and a little softer. I have heard of these rocs being run in 11x plastic but am unfamiliar with the feel. Is there a way to tell?... and is there any trade value for something like this?
Feel free to 'rube me, but I couldn't find answers to this anywhere.
Thanks
I'm trying to come up with a diplomatic way to say this.

Soft KC Pro Rocs blow.

Sorry, that's as diplomatic as I can get. The plastic is crap, they get beat up hitting grass and they start out too domey and flippy in the first place. The later 11X KC Pro Rocs and a lot of the 0X and 12X are like this, and they suck.

^ yep, if three putt says it...you can bet on it. All jokes aside, I couldnt agree more about the kc pro, that was a waste of plastic.

hmmm... well, I guess it'll just stay in the backups until duty calls. I did give it a few throws today and I really liked it a lot though. It looked pretty seasoned but still had a good amount of stability.
I usually throw much stiffer KC rocs and have really liked them, the grip of this was just really appealing (and it came along with a sweet ching roc so I couldn't pass it up.)

Okay so I just got this Shark from a friend in a trade. It is super super soft and I have no idea what type of plastic it is, anyone have an idea what is up with this disc?

IMG_3914.jpg

IMG_3915.jpg

Last edited:
i got this black yeti at a tourny and it has different writting on the bottom of so i was just wondering if it means anything or just how the person wrote it

0604200149.jpg

Anyone know anything about the "Gator Country Classic". Just got what I believe is a CFR Glo Starfire with a Gator Country Stamp and it says USDGC Qualifier at the bottom. The stamp is two gators next to a #13 Basket.

i got this black yeti at a tourny and it has different writting on the bottom of so i was just wondering if it means anything or just how the person wrote it

0604200149.jpg

if you look at innovas site, this is the normal mold letters for the yetis "P¥" (ps, the alt+ code for ¥ is alt+0165 for future reference)

I have an 11x Eagle (x-mold) that says "Distance Driver" and has lnnova (not Innova) CAL tooling. I'm told it might be a early 11x run, with CE blend, which would make it more valuable. Anyone have any knowledge here?

Anyone know anything about the "Gator Country Classic". Just got what I believe is a CFR Glo Starfire with a Gator Country Stamp and it says USDGC Qualifier at the bottom. The stamp is two gators next to a #13 Basket.

Here be the disc I'm curious about. Really just trying to figure it out year she might be from.

whatitbe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.