• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I traded a friend for a disc in his bag. I have no idea what it is and neither does he. It is a discraft but that is all I know. Any ideas?
IMAG0186.jpg

IMAG0188.jpg

IMAG0187.jpg

that side shot looks a lot like a flash... but I could be wrong.

unknown disc

I have this disc (assuming it is an innova dx from how badly beat it is) that was given to me from someone of the LVdiscgolf club its 185g with a rim that looks like this. Anyone have an idea what it is? I assume it is a mid range as well. I believe it is a san marino roc? it said it was made in san marino CA
2011-05-21073127.jpg

roc or viper perhaps?

The max weight of those is 180g though.

I'm think one of the old style large diameter drivers like a hammer, puma, dolphin or something, but I don't know what any of those look like. This is three putt time

Imma gonna say Scorpion. I'm noplace near home, so I'm going purely off memory. I'm pretty almost sure that the Scorpion has San Marino tooling.

I can't really see the wing in the picture, and I can't tell if it has a bead. I'm pretty much going off the weight and the tooling.

Last edited:
The max weight of those is 180g though.

I'm think one of the old style large diameter drivers like a hammer, puma, dolphin or something, but I don't know what any of those look like. This is three putt time
None of those three are large diameter. We would be looking at Phenix, Scorpion or Barracuda. I'm pretty sure the Barracuda has Ontario tooling, so I'd think Phenix or Scorpion.

Or an overweight disc. ;)

None of those three are large diameter. We would be looking at Phenix, Scorpion or Barracuda. I'm pretty sure the Barracuda has Ontario tooling, so I'd think Phenix or Scorpion.

Or an overweight disc. ;)

heh, just goes to show what I know.

EDIT: I meant jaguar instead of puma, I knew a puma wasn't right. that gives me 1 out of 3:hfive:

I'm 99.9% that the HUGE discs (Zephyr/Condor/Jaguar/Lynx) all had Ontario tooling.

The Scorpion is a 22.5cm disc, which would be in the ballpark of that measurement. You have to allow some variation since most people don't have calipers.

I have not held or looked at a Scorpion in years, but it's the only disc I remember that I have not eliminated for some reason. It's my default guess right now, because I can't think of anything else it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.