• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of those three are large diameter. We would be looking at Phenix, Scorpion or Barracuda. I'm pretty sure the Barracuda has Ontario tooling, so I'd think Phenix or Scorpion.

Or an overweight disc. ;)

Still have no idea what this is.
Hey, now...I narrowed it down to Phenix or Scorpion. Give me some credit. ;)

All I can't remember is if there was a bead on the Scorpion. I'm about 95% positive there was, but that leaves a 5% doubt about that. I'm pretty sure I still have a Scorpion someplace that I can check when I get home, or maybe somebody else has one they can look at (hint-hint.) Once I can 100% verify the bead, I'm 100% confident in calling that a Scorpion. Right now I'm 95%.

Last edited:
damn that three putt is good!!!.......its a scorpion......scorpion has a bead and so does the cuda.....scorpion is san marino .....cuda is ontario......both are large and have a close profile

DSC09932.jpg

14 posts later...DING! DING! DING! WE HAVE A WINNER!

What do I win? ;)

BTW, I got that mini, moose. Thanks for that.

i have not been online all day or i would have helped you sooner......you know it by memory ....i have to go and pull some discs off the wall and check them out.....nice call!!!........glad you liked it

what are the flight characteristics of a scorpion?
The Scorpion is slow, slightly overstable and has lots of glide. It has to get up in the air to really work, it likes the high line. It handles wind pretty well and will ride out a tailwind with a nice long glide. A new one should be pretty straight with a dependable fade. Yours is pretty beat so it will probably turn some.

search for "disc profile page" there are wing profiles of eagle L and eagle X in there......and i think it looks like a ching stamp....

When the full-color stamps showed up in '98 or '99, they did them on a lot of discs. I have a Gazelle with a full-color stamp from that time frame. It's not worth more than any other Gazelle, though. Obviously the Rocs with the full-color stamps are flat tops and desirable to some. I've seen some interest in the old stamps like the "Buddha" stamp on Aviars. Other than that, I've never seen anybody get really worked up about a stamp.

That one is pretty cool, though. It's later since it has the new logo, but still cool.

Look, I found the "official" What is This Disc thread! I guess now the "go find the other thread" guys will be happy.

So, a friend of mine was given this disc. The front stamp states it's a 1998 "KC Wide Open". The tooling on the back states it's an Innova, from the Ontario plant.

5785807737_e7287d5bb6.jpg

5785807995_7dc3b5697e.jpg

Look, I found the "official" What is This Disc thread! I guess now the "go find the other thread" guys will be happy.

So, a friend of mine was given this disc. The front stamp states it's a 1998 "KC Wide Open". The tooling on the back states it's an Innova, from the Ontario plant.

[IMG][/QUOTE]

Looks like a Roc to me.

There is a local guy that is also thinking it's a Roc, but I wanted to ask here too, since it's a much wider audience.

Don't let them get you down they do it to every one. and i will second its a Roc.:thmbup:

Keep in mind that an Ontario Roc is not the same as the Rancho Rocs you can buy in the stores today. It's much less stable and has more glide. So if you like it, don't just go running to the store after another Roc expecting the same thing ;)

Keep in mind that an Ontario Roc is not the same as the Rancho Rocs you can buy in the stores today. It's much less stable and has more glide. So if you like it, don't just go running to the store after another Roc expecting the same thing ;)

No, he loves the disc. It was given to him before he really got into the sport. Now that he got it out and found out it's a nice Roc he's very happy with it.

I don't know what this disc is I'm thinking its a Teebird any thoughts?

Attachments

• P1010135.jpg
    P1010135.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 24
  • P1010136.jpg
    P1010136.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 20
  • P1010137.jpg
    P1010137.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 21
And these two are identical Gazelles maybe?

Attachments

• P1010140.jpg
    P1010140.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 13
  • P1010143.jpg
    P1010143.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 13
  • P1010141.jpg
    P1010141.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 14
Status
Not open for further replies.