• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "H" is probably a sloppy "A." I don't think you have to take a penmanship test to work at Innova.

I have two discs I'm curious about.

First is a Glow Champion Katana, 175g, with a 2011 PDGA Pro Worlds stamp on it. There is some ink on the flight plate that is now ghosted after I hit it with a magic eraser. It has two small rough spots on the edge, and one large one.
2uijhb7.jpg

Second is a 172g Special Edition Leopard. It is leopard print, which I think is very cool. One or two small nicks on the edge. Slightly dirty, but I can clean that up if needed. The disc leaves fingerprints on it when you touch it.
wmcsuw.jpg

Stalker

Just wondering if this is a first run or prototype maybe?
There is nothing stamped on the bottom or inside the rim.

/edit: I know it's a stalker for sure.

Attachments

• disc.jpg
    disc.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 14
Just wondering if this is a first run or prototype maybe?
There is nothing stamped on the bottom or inside the rim.

/edit: I know it's a stalker for sure.

I think I just found the answer to my own question. It's a prototype Z glow Stalker. Didn't even think about it being a glow disc until I turned off the lights...haha!

Correct me if I'm wrong.

It was a limited run of about 100. Pretty cool looking Aviar!

Thanks dickybird! Do you know the origin of them? Was it a fundraiser or for a club or anything? Or just a cool random stamp Innova produced? I just bought a used one on eBay. Had seen one somewhere online once before and knew I had to have one! It's on the way! :)

Thanks dickybird! Do you know the origin of them? Was it a fundraiser or for a club or anything? Or just a cool random stamp Innova produced? I just bought a used one on eBay. Had seen one somewhere online once before and knew I had to have one! It's on the way! :)

I forget the name of the guy, but I think he had two designs and had 100 of each made. I bought mine on ebay about 7 years ago from wtsskullblade and I think he was the one who had them done. Mine is 47/100. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay? I paid about $10.

Attachments

• white widow 001.jpg
    white widow 001.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 31
  • white widow 002.jpg
    white widow 002.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 18
I forget the name of the guy, but I think he had two designs and had 100 of each made. I bought mine on ebay about 7 years ago from wtsskullblade and I think he was the one who had them done. Mine is 47/100. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay? I paid about $10.

I paid too much, about $15 with the overpriced shipping. The seller didn't know a thing about discs, we exchanged a few e-mails. I was the only one who bid on it, I just couldn't resist.. It was a had to have it kind of thing. :) Let's hope it's in really good condition!!

is this eagle a CE ...?? its a champion glo tourney stamp 2003....its 172g new , X mold and has the "zipper top".....anyone got any ideas..??

61cff87e.jpg

what kind of disc is this?

Got this disc from a friend throwing it good so I'm wondering what it is......Innova champion disc's inc. Rancho cucamonga CA......Is it a roc? the rim is almost like the teebird.
dkoz26

so... theres a thread just for this conveniently stickied right in this equip section

you can also 1) measure disc aspects and 2) compare to PDGA Approved Discs list and usually get pretty close if your measurements are accurate

*also, my guess is a Sidewinder - I think I've seen a number of those with that mini-star stamp

This is stamped as an 11x KC Pro Roc - Factory Second. I posted it in the What is this worth thread and had somebody tell me that this is really an '04 Super Roc. It got the factory 2nd stamp due to it being mis-stamped.

1. Can anyone else verify this claim?
2. Was the '04 Super Roc a CE or a blend of some sort?

This thing is grippy tacky finger printy goodness!!

DSC03805.jpg

Super Rocs were made from Pro driver plastic. A lot of the old Pro plastic was tacky and would leave a fingerprint. I've never heard of any Super Rocs being any sort of CE blend.

No clue. As I recall, 2003 was the year CE ended, Proline came out and ended and Champion came out. It could be anything AFAIK. It's a Glow Champ Eagle X if nothing else, and that's cool.

whats the story on Innova Raptors? I know they were only made for one disc (Great holes-de la vega, I believe) whats the value on these discs and why were they only made for one disc?

Status
Not open for further replies.