• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats the story on Innova Raptors? I know they were only made for one disc (Great holes-de la vega, I believe) whats the value on these discs and why were they only made for one disc?

They are rare, with only 1000 made. The course was actually The Ponderosa in Pleasure Island, TX. Basically a less stable Viper. They aren't very valuable. Check out this one on eBay, the seller frisbeerancher always has very fair prices for eBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/COLLECTOR-179G-...777?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5637567a71

Even couchcruiser on eBay has one for $25. You know how inflated his prices are.. LOL!

maybe what I have isn't a raptor then. I have one from la mirada... pics pending (uploading now)

IMAG0114.jpg

IMAG0116.jpg

IMAG0117.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

It's a Griffin, dude. You can tell by the big, badass nose.

If I'm right, it should be a smaller diameter disc.

And all the Raptors were Yellow as I recall.

Last edited:
It's a Griffin, Jeff. Definitely one of the more rare discs in the set. I'd value it around $20-25.
Yeah, people actually threw Griffins. It's a slower small diameter driver, and in the 90's a lot of guys that liked to forehand threw it as a mid since there really was no small diameter mid at the time. It's got that big nose, so they are damn near indestructible even thought they are DX. They guys who throw them swear by them and pay to get them.

The Raptor was produced in small numbers, and the small numbers that were produced were mostly tied up in a wall-hanger series. Even guys who have them don't know how they fly. Even if you know how it flies, it's not legal. That = no thrower market. Even though it's rare, nobody is looking for it.

is there a list of the "Great Holes" series discs somewhere? I know there were two series of them.

Star Aviar Driver. My local retail shops don't have them anymore. Is this disc not being made this year?

is it possible they were just out of stock?
they still make them and are widely popular.

Weird. I've been hoarding these like they were newly OOP. Now I know. Is there anywhere that Innova announces changes to their lineup? I see them advertise new discs but I haven't yet seen anywhere where they talk about discs they're going to make in a new mold or stop making at all.

Found it. Wow, that would be a lot of typing.

Actually, the list I have shows a picture of the stamps, so I'd need a magnifying glass. I think the first disc in series one says "Par 3, Hole one, 476 ft, Addison Oaks Park, Oakland County, MI-Yellow Stingray"

The rest of series one:
"Par 5, Hole?, 1035ft, Old Settlers Park, Round Rock, TX-Black Aviar"
I can't read the next one at all, someplace in Switzerland on a Orange Classic Cobra.
La Mirada on the purple Griffin
"Par 3 Hole 13, 460 ft, Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, AL-Aqua Roc (pretty sure it was a Sanny.)"
"Par 4, Hole one, 738 ft-Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO.-Green Viper"

Last edited:
After that, I have eye strain. I can't see the second series at all. Maybe later.

i bought this at pias i compared it to a predator and it seemed to be identical . i was wondering if it is just clear z plastic or cryztal and if it is anything special
016-1.jpg

After that, I have eye strain. I can't see the second series at all. Maybe later.

One of them was a blue Scorpian from Boylan Family Farm, a now defunct private course in North Carolina. I forget which hole but the tee was atop a hill looking down at some sort of crossroads.

Another was then #3 (now #27, or is it #28 ;-) ) at Delaveaga, the Top of the World on a white 180 Roc. I have one of these in a rare holographic stamp. I'll post up pics of these and the Cobra and Aviar when I get a chance to dig them out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.