• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forget the name of the guy, but I think he had two designs and had 100 of each made. I bought mine on ebay about 7 years ago from wtsskullblade and I think he was the one who had them done. Mine is 47/100. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay? I paid about $10.

Got the White Widow Aviar in today. Mine is 84/100. The disc is in about 7/10 shape and weighs 174. I wasn't sure if it was going to be a beadless or small bead Aviar. I was stoked when it turned out to be a small bead. I'm putting the disc in my bag tonight to try out. Thanks again for the info on the disc earlier, dickybird!

IMAG0289.jpg

IDENTIFY DISC

Found a disc yesterday. No name/number on back. It's got an Innova first run stamp on it, the big star and circle... back of the disc is identified by the star symbol followed by "AC". Never seen this abbreviation before. It's definitely a driver, 171 weight. Thoughts? I've found a pic of the stamp.

Attachments

• 1579-star-large.jpg
    1579-star-large.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 6
Found a disc yesterday. No name/number on back. It's got an Innova first run stamp on it, the big star and circle... back of the disc is identified by the star symbol followed by "AC". Never seen this abbreviation before. It's definitely a driver, 171 weight. Thoughts? I've found a pic of the stamp.

Archon. Bookmark this page. It's very helpful.

http://www.innovadiscs.com/discs/disc-comparison.html

Although I have a champ Archon that's marked "VW". Vulcan-Wraith I think?

What type of plastic is this disc?

Found this disc at my local PIAS for $6 used. The mold is definitely a Teebird as it says TB on the back and also feels just like a Teebird. At first glance, I thought it was a glow Teebird due to the color and the stamp. However, it does not feel like glow plastic nor does it actually glow even after I charged it in direct light. It feels like a grippy star plastic to me and has no large dings or nicks which is unusual for a used disc at this PIAS. Any help or input would really be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3447.jpg
    IMG_3447.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3448.jpg
    IMG_3448.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3449.jpg
    IMG_3449.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 69
I am almost 100% positive it is not the same stiffer DX Glow plastic that many Teebirds are made from today, it bends and grips like a premium plastic, and nowhere on the disc does it say 'Glow' usually the glow discs have the 'Glow' in the stamp. We need ThreePutt in here!

"Glow" has been around for a long time. I've seen runs of glow that were pretty hard and flat-ish. We got some glow Rocs last fall that were softer a super-duper domey. I've seen everything in-between. You can't make huge generalizations about glow, it's just DX with an additive and it varies like DX.

three putt on glow plastic earlier tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.