• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far as I know, the Chain Banger stamp was a DTW custom stamp that wasn't really specific to the Birdie. I might be hallucinating, but I'm pretty sure I had an 86 Softie with that stamp.

The Birdie is one of those discs that nobody really throws or cares about, so the First Run Birdies with the rounded shoulder tops are kinda cool if you are a golf disc freak but they are not really worth anything. None of the old Birdies really are worth a lot other than the usual $20-$25 "collector" value for a mint one so far as I know. Thing pick up value when guys throw them. Markus Källström single-handedly created the market for old Piranhas because he made them throwers. Nobody throws old Birdies.

Any idea what this is. It's hard as a rock (with a k) so of course it's stiff. No tooling anywhere.

Attachments

• Tulsa disc 1.JPG
    Tulsa disc 1.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Tulsa disc 2.JPG
    Tulsa disc 2.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Tulsa disc prof.JPG
    Tulsa disc prof.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 17
Yeah, from the size of the wing and the tourney date, the F-15 Eagle is a pretty good guess. It's a Lightning disc at any rate.

thats a tough one.....its a old one though....you got no clues..discraft ..innova..?

The only disc that I could find around the web with that stamp is a Lightning F-15. I don't know what the profile of an F-15 looks like, but I'm guessing they put that stamp on different discs too

Link....Scroll down a bit

I have thought it seems like a Lightning, it has no clues. The F-15 seems to fit.

I have thought it seems like a Lightning, it has no clues. The F-15 seems to fit.
If it has a reasonably small diameter (by that I mean smaller than 21.7 cm; the F-15 Eagle was 21.4 cm) and a modern sized wing (1.6 cm) it has to be the F-15 Eagle because other than the Crusier/Windstar it was the only smallish diameter/big wing disc on the market in '87.

^^^^^^ This guy doesn't know what he is talking about! Just spouting out info he finds off google.:thmbup:

I had a mystery disc with a custom engraved name on top and the only tooling on it was a very small "f8f". With a bit of research, found out that it was an f8f- bearcat. Hope that helps

Some of the Lightning discs had small tooling like the Bearcat. The F-15 Eagle did not.

I'm finally home, so I'm sitting here with a F-15 in my hands. The wing comes off fairly flat like a driver wing, but about 2/3's of the way out it dramatically angles down and finishes more like a midrange wing with a bead. In the profile picture he posted you can see the wing change direction. I'm 99.9% sure that's an F-15.

It's kinda funny to hold this disc. I threw these a lot back in the day. I forgot all about what they looked and felt like. It's a really good disc. If Innova made it there would be a thread here someplace singing it's praises.

^^^^^^ This guy doesn't know what he is talking about! Just spouting out info he finds off google.:thmbup:
Considering all the worthless Lightning discs in my basement, I wish I was just googleing this stuff. :rolleyes: You guys all settled back in TN?

Thanks, Three. It has to be a lightning and F-15 makes sense.
I also have Lightnings that I traded for with Steve Wisecup. They have his last name on the bottom along with a half circle line with an arrowhead on the end so he knew which way the disc was supposed to spin. It's amazing what these top pros do to make it all work for them. ;)

Not worth anything, huh?

Not worth anything, huh?
It SHOULD be worth something, but I doubt it is.

The F-15 Eagle is probably the most underrated disc ever. It was a longer Roc before there was a Roc. Innova always had the in with the pro players, and what with the Innova/Lightning lawsuits those Innovaheads always went out of their way to bash Lightning back in the day. Because of that the F-15 gets totally left out of the disc history equation. It was a design that was waaayyy ahead of it's time. Nobody knows that, though. It's just another crappy Lightning disc.

Did you know there are no Innova discs with the '88 Worlds stamp? All that was sold for that year with the '88 stamp were Lightning and Discraft. Midge E, the 88 Worlds TD, had problems with them and said no thanks to their terms.

Star gazelle xouts. Anyone know what these are about?

Tfr? Regular runs? Never seen'em b4

img20110812135836.jpg

Never mind...found a thread saying they (star gazelles) were going to be stock discs in the Innova Factory Store...whenever that opens

Status
Not open for further replies.