• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Aviars that had the great grip were the old Omega AP's. Pretty close to the same softness as the putter plastic with this great grippy feeling like those gritty putters. Those are horribly underrated and probably cheap to get.

I figured out it was an xs, everytime I held the disc my thumb covered the spot where it said xs thank you anyways

is this a CE or just an old run?, its rancho tooled CAL

IMAG0177.jpg

Someone once told me that Millenium stuff had to be stamped with "First Run" for it to be CE just because of when the plastic / line came out. No idea of numbers, but if CE ended in 03 and Millenium started making those molds around that time... likely only the first runs are valuable. That's what I found out about the QMS at one point. Thought it would likely apply to most molds of that timeframe?

EDIT: Crap, I thought this was the What's it Worth thread. I don't know jack about Millenium, as you can tell.

that QJ is not a CE QJ IMO (is that enough letters?)

there are 2 kinds of CE QJ that I am aware of

the Test Run of 2000 which I think is essentially the first run
these were virtually all tye dye as far as I know and are the typical opaque taffy style CE

then there was a later run that just said QJLS (like in your pic) but my recollection is that they were mostly dayglow taffy opaque CE (not clear champ like the one in the pic)

I also seem to think that the "regular" CE QJ also had a 2 tone stamp a la the CE QMS

i.e. the background bubbles would be one colour and the QJ text would be another

this required double stamping so, in most cases the CE QJ's and QMS's have a little black permanent marker mark at 6 o'clock

this was done so the disc could be properly lined up for its second go in the stamp

hope that helps

Attachments

• IMG00222-20110816-1654.jpg
    IMG00222-20110816-1654.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG00229-20110816-1701.jpg
    IMG00229-20110816-1701.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG00231-20110816-2058.jpg
    IMG00231-20110816-2058.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 16
RocRoc.jpg

RocEdge.jpg

There is a Right facing Roc stamp with the disc through the Innova text and "Stable Mid-Range Driver" on top of an EDGE stamp from Sullivan Middle School. Weight of 182. Just curious about it, found it in a pond.

that QJ is not a CE QJ IMO (is that enough letters?)

there are 2 kinds of CE QJ that I am aware of

the Test Run of 2000 which I think is essentially the first run
these were virtually all tye dye as far as I know and are the typical opaque taffy style CE

then there was a later run that just said QJLS (like in your pic) but my recollection is that they were mostly dayglow taffy opaque CE (not clear champ like the one in the pic)

I also seem to think that the "regular" CE QJ also had a 2 tone stamp a la the CE QMS

i.e. the background bubbles would be one colour and the QJ text would be another

this required double stamping so, in most cases the CE QJ's and QMS's have a little black permanent marker mark at 6 o'clock

this was done so the disc could be properly lined up for its second go in the stamp

hope that helps

so is it like a hybrid of the 2 runs??????????

or what im confused

no buddy

you have a tye dye champ plastic QJLS

what I was trying to explain that there was the 2 types of CE JLS of which yours is neither

there is the Test Run of 2000 which is CE and were mostly tye dye
yours is not a Test Run

and there were some later run opaque taffy CE JLSs
which I believe had a 2 tone stamp

yours is not one of these

no buddy

you have a tye dye champ plastic QJLS

what I was trying to explain that there was the 2 types of CE JLS of which yours is neither

there is the Test Run of 2000 which is CE and were mostly tye dye
yours is not a Test Run

and there were some later run opaque taffy CE JLSs
which I believe had a 2 tone stamp

yours is not one of these

in addition, I believe these may have had the AppOved misspelling (I could be wrong on this though) I know QMS's did..

RocRoc.jpg

RocEdge.jpg

There is a Right facing Roc stamp with the disc through the Innova text and "Stable Mid-Range Driver" on top of an EDGE stamp from Sullivan Middle School. Weight of 182. Just curious about it, found it in a pond.

probably in the 15 dollar range.
Those SMRD rocs are stable stable beasts!

ok so more info on both of these stamps. SMRD rocs are wedged between modern dx rocs and "big bird" rocs. EDGE is a program from innova intended for school children. they use ultra light discs (like 120g-ish) to promote disc golf and physical education in schools.

it's a cool disc... you're sure it's a roc?

Last edited:
RocRoc.jpg

RocEdge.jpg

Sullivan Middle School
1825 Eden Terrace, Rock Hill, SC 29730
Phone (803) 981-1450 | Fax (803) 981-1456

Suppose you could always call them and see if they still have a disc golf program and send it or drop it off when your in the area some time.

Apologies in advance for the crappy cell phone pic. My buddy wanted help finding out any info about this disc. I'm going to try and get him to send me a profile pic, but until then any other info? I'm not familiar with that type of stamp. Thanks.

6HRD8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.