• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance you can get a pic?

It could be a Sidewinder or Stingray. If it's a Sidewinder, then it's just champ. If it's a Stingray, it's a CE blend.

I thought of the spider, but the fact that it's a wider rim eliminated that for me. Interesting on the TeeRex-X. I don't have one of those. Hmmm...

Does it have a bead?

I dont remember a bead. It was a pretty shallow rim, nothing overly fast. But definitely a driver of some sort.

Any ideas? I found this 3-4 years ago in Ann Arbor, MI on the Michigan Monster course at Hudson Mills. The Discraft factory is only a few miles away.

Attachments

• Picture0001.JPG
    Picture0001.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 61
Still might be some sort of Proto thing that the factory lets the local clubs around it try out.

Bill "Critter" Themm used to be a sponsored Discraft Pro. That there looks like his disc.

does anyone else have info on this QJLS

no buddy

you have a tye dye champ plastic QJLS

what I was trying to explain that there was the 2 types of CE JLS of which yours is neither

there is the Test Run of 2000 which is CE and were mostly tye dye
yours is not a Test Run

and there were some later run opaque taffy CE JLSs
which I believe had a 2 tone stamp

yours is not one of these

i have a later run CE QJLS. it is a single color stamp and it says "PDGA Appoved". mine is opaque, tye-dyed and slightly taffy, very fingerprint-y.

that mid is a gator, I'm not an expert but I think it is a first run or something, but I know for a fact that they are very sought after. someone who knows can appraise it.

that driver is hard to tell, are there any letters? looks like a leopard though

i'd say gator for sure and leopard maybe.. but it looks different than a leo for some reason... maybe a EL?

Status
Not open for further replies.