• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got one for you guys. the X-Out stamp is a surface stamp and isnt burned/sunk into the plastic like the current stamps. its super super pearly, on one pic i have my hand behind it and you can HARDLY see my hand. it is labled 168 and VK. im thinking early run valk before they changed it to VL, or a super rare, pearly viking. this disc is FLAT and i compared the rim to a CE Valk and its almost identical but also is very similar to a early run viking, more similar to the CE valk though. do i have a CE valk? can anyone help with the VK marking...early CE valk or early viking?
IMG_20110818_005145.jpg

IMG_20110818_005239.jpg

IMG_20110818_005324.jpg

IMG_20110818_005339.jpg

IMG_20110818_005353.jpg

All the X-out CE I've seen had the regular stamp with a pen X across it. I don't think they started using the X-out stamp until after CE. My guess would be an X-out Champ Valk.

All the X-out CE I've seen had the regular stamp with a pen X across it. I don't think they started using the X-out stamp until after CE. My guess would be an X-out Champ Valk.

alright thanks man. but the "sit on top" X-Out stamp means its old right? not like the current run champ valks, it sure doesnt fly like them. maybe a 4x or 5x?

alright thanks man. but the "sit on top" X-Out stamp means its old right? not like the current run champ valks, it sure doesnt fly like them. maybe a 4x or 5x?

I saw that at Hazy a few weeks back on the used racks. I heard it's mad overstable.

I saw that at Hazy a few weeks back on the used racks. I heard it's mad overstable.

hell no. i threw it at kettering and i could get it to flip over every shot and hyzer VERY VERY nicely. it looked alot like the flight path of my valk and/or viking. then i went and did a "cool down" on the football field and threw every one of my discs once. i throw from behind the enzone and that disc has the sweetest helix flight path ever. i max throw at about 325'-350' and its perfect. i dont see why they couldnt get it to turn over...maybe the people over there just dont have enough snap on their release.

weird question, but I know NOTHING about wraiths... this is from 2006 (which I know is when augustas were from, right?) anyone know if this is pro or star (or special blend)?

DSC02023.jpg

weird question, but I know NOTHING about wraiths... this is from 2006 (which I know is when augustas were from, right?) anyone know if this is pro or star (or special blend)?

DSC02023.jpg

anyone...? I want to sell this but am wholly unsure on the plastic.

The way the plastic aged and is now off white leads me to believe it is pro plastic. The color looks a lot like an old EXP1 I bought recently. I haven't seen Star plastic aged like that, but it could exist.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

nah, I'm kinda settling on pro plastic, it just seemed too waxy smooth for pro at first... more like special blend or something like that..

Elite Z wasp question. Were there any 2004 and earlier elite Z wasps production run made that had a ghost stamp in the middle, not including the 1st runs with the large Z in the middle. Say with like a flying looking super hero or something? just curious. Please help

Attachments

• wasp.png
    wasp.png
    94.6 KB · Views: 25
Buddy of mine broke out a disc he got at pias to ask me what it was. It had an interesting/old innova stamp on it and I had a feeling it was a good find. But I couldn't find any markings on it to tell him what kind of disc it was. The stamp was like the image attached, I told him he may have some rare CE, expensive disc or something and that I'd get back to him. Anybody got a clue?

2797-500x500.jpg

That's not the disc, but that's the same stamp his had. Didn't know if that was enough to have a guess or if it wasn't very specific/rare of a stamp. And it's a driver, not a midrange.

gotta be more specific than that....
is it a driver or a mid? lets start there...

Status
Not open for further replies.