• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
roc prolly 7/10 little dirty few scuffs and ink on back i can prolly get rid of...this might just b a normal roc but i dont know much about rocs' cause i dont throw them. weight is 179g

Attachments

• roc.jpg
    roc.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 28
What plastic is that, Star? It looks like a USDGC X-out with the Little Wing stamp over the top of the '07 stamp. I'mma gonna guess it's a Rancho; according to ZoneDriven all the Ontario's that year were Champ. Somebody is going to be missing that there disc.

he is not lying you can convince a noob its worth something but its worth maybe 10$
$10 mint. Maybe $3 used. They seriously create a partial vacuum with their mouths. Somebody who doesn't know anything about discs would probably buy it for $15 thinking it was something, so I guess it depends on who you are. Personally I couldn't rip somebody off if I knew it was worth nothing.

Besides, we are in the wrong thread for price estimates.

$10 mint. Maybe $3 used. They seriously create a partial vacuum with their mouths. Somebody who doesn't know anything about discs would probably buy it for $15 thinking it was something, so I guess it depends on who you are. Personally I couldn't rip somebody off if I knew it was worth nothing.

Besides, we are in the wrong thread for price estimates.

most people haven't thrown one but still repeat the story that a Pro TB is poop

if you expect a pure TB flight out of a Pro TB you are making the same mistake as expecting a Pro Wraith to fly like a Champ Wraith

there is nothing wrong with a Pro TB
the Pro plastic is decent
they have great glide

they are just not as stable as a reg TB
more like a TL

people like TLs

throw it up on eBay and someone will buy it

further more there was a price quoted in the what's this worth thread for one of these not long ago and it was in the $18 range

and I don't say that cause it was my disc
cause someone took the pic of my disc that I had provided him and he asked for the value

Seriously? If it's a sale and I'm crapping it up, sorry. If you like the TL you can get a Star TL for $18 new. The plastic on the Pro TeeBirds wasn't very durable, and to me they were flippier than a TL. From a throwing perspective, paying Star money for a used Pro discs defies logic. I guess if somebody want's an old disc to say that they have an old disc, then whatever they will pay is whatever they will pay. It must be an $18 stamp.

not my sale
so I have no interest

but Three Putt as resident expert could you look at my earlier post in here or my actual post in the what's this worth thread and give me an idea of what CE run my eagles are

if you know
much appreciated

I really made a decision to stay out of the CE thing a long time ago since I couldn't tell a first and third run apart and couldn't remember what color was what run. There are a bunch of guys who really get off on that stuff, they can give you better info. I can tell you what mold pieces make up a Moray, but with CE I'm worthless.

does anyone know anything about the soft gritty plastic innova made ...it must havebeen in the early to middle 90's...i have a pat pend piranha and polecat that are made in it...does anyone know how many discs were made like this...it feels like it has sand in it....

It was the putter plastic. Sometimes it would be gritty like that.

So far as the 90's putter plastic went, I saw Aviars (duh,) Piranhas, Polecats and XD's. I personally didn't see any Birdies, but I'd be shocked if they never ran any in the softer putter plastic.

ok thanks...i have about 12 soft piranhas...8 are a smooth feel...and 4 are gritty like sandpaper....the 4 are all pat pend...so i didnt know if it was a coincidence or not...i would love to find some aviars like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.