• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just jestin' on the "getting them all". I am starting to get quite an addiction going though, and was just info hunting. Thanks. At least I know who to go to if I feel like spending the dough.

photo.jpg
Picked this up at a local store. It is an x-out Valkyrie but the plastic is almost like CE. It is kind of gummy, as you can tell you can barely see through it. It feels like a mix between CE and Star or something. Anyone seen some of these? There were also Sidewinder's and Banshee's that were similar in texture.

@Codyroberts18
People sometimes refer to it as "Champystar." I had a Star TL that looked almost just like your Valkyrie, same color, just a touch more opaque. It's basically just a cool hybrid plastic. Some people absolutely love it. There's a pretty strong following for those plastics, and some people are willing to pay pretty good amounts for them.

My TL definitely did not feel like normal Star plastic, while it wasn't really gummy, it wasn't really smooth. It was sort of sticky, like a slightly more slick Pro plastic.

that isn't "champystar"

a lot of champion discs are run now a days in soft feeling opaque blend of plastic. that looks like any regular champion x-out.

champy star looks different. the main plastic is star and is usually a solid color of white, red, blue or yellow(different shade than seen here). That is 100% a regular old stock valkyrie, no CE or champystar

Last edited:
^ x a bajillion. no ce in there its just opaque champ ,nothin special. nick ,champy star IS not worth more.

this is champy star

IMG_0904-1.jpg

It's not worth more to the average player, but they are considered to be more valuable and rare. Some people really like Champystar discs and are willing to pay more for one.

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't say something that I didn't actually know.

there is not a single person who believes something that won't fight for that belief... thats why their beliefs and opinions.
my mom said it best: opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one, but no one wants to hear (from) it...

FWIW, I believe booter

View attachment 19603
Picked this up at a local store. It is an x-out Valkyrie but the plastic is almost like CE. It is kind of gummy, as you can tell you can barely see through it. It feels like a mix between CE and Star or something. Anyone seen some of these? There were also Sidewinder's and Banshee's that were similar in texture.

super duper rare all of them quick buy them all up !>!>@$)!(*&@$_()*&!@

So I have two Teebirds, and they're both really different. Wondering if there's a reason for why they're so different?

One of them is Champion CFR, Piper Classic 2010 stamp. It has a huge dome and a pretty wide lip.

The other is a just a DX Teebird. Under the flight plate is pretty slick, and it's really flat, with a smaller lip. It's also a little shorter than the Champion one.

Both are CA molds... Just wondering if there's a reason why they're so different.

there is not a single person who believes something that won't fight for that belief... thats why their beliefs and opinions.
my mom said it best: opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one, but no one wants to hear (from) it...

FWIW, I believe booter

There are tons and tons of Star stamped champ/star discs that come in with each shipment from Innova to our local shop.

NO difference in price.

So I have two Teebirds, and they're both really different. Wondering if there's a reason for why they're so different?

One of them is Champion CFR, Piper Classic 2010 stamp. It has a huge dome and a pretty wide lip.

The other is a just a DX Teebird. Under the flight plate is pretty slick, and it's really flat, with a smaller lip. It's also a little shorter than the Champion one.

Both are CA molds... Just wondering if there's a reason why they're so different.

There are many answers to your query. First, they are different plastics and cool differently. Also, I suspect that this is, in fact, a T-Bird Plus that you describe in the CFR version. Lastly, Innova likes to make a lot of money and mess with our heads.

There are many answers to your query. First, they are different plastics and cool differently. Also, I suspect that this is, in fact, a T-Bird Plus that you describe in the CFR version. Lastly, Innova likes to make a lot of money and mess with our heads.

I'm aware the different plastics cool differently, but they don't feel even remotely close to being the same disc, nor do they really look alike. I'm suspecting it must be a slightly different mold for the Champion Teebird.

also found an x out cal mold AERO feels heavy. 9/10. Feels like kc Pro plastic so i don't really know anything else about it.

anybody know if they did something about this? Its an Xout and cal molden. With AERO on the tooling on the inside of the disc

Status
Not open for further replies.