• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three putt, do you (or anyone else) know about the dtw cyclones?
No. I mean they sold Cyclones with a custom stamp and all, but I never heard anything about them being special. I didn't care for the stamp and never picked any up.

Heh, I never saw a first run Hawk. It was just sorta there one day. It came out at around the same time as the Cyclone and Magnet. Both the Cyclone and Magnet were huge deals when they came out. The Hawk, not so much...

Small-bead Aviar vs. Omega question...

I have what is either a CE Aviar or CE Omega, but I don't know how to tell which of the two it is.

It's opaque dayglo plastic, small-bead, 2-ring, with San Marino tooling. On the back there is a very faded capital "A" written above the nipple, but it looks like a different kind of ink than the weight, which leads me to believe it was written by a previous owner instead of the factory. You can see the ghost of an Innova X-out / FS stamp on it as well.

I'm looking to sell this badboy, but want to identify it properly first. I attached a pic to show the color, but my camera sucks and won't focus enough to show the bead or the pen markings on back. I'm guessing CE Aviar, but is there any to be certain of which it is based on the info I gave???

Attachments

• fnwnc3.jpg
    fnwnc3.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 42
why do you think its CE...? just because of fingerprints..? it will be hard to prove or figure out with no stamp...

ok,it looks ce to me however,aviars werent marked with any identification. just the weight in the circle on bottom. ce qmegs had weight and the initials in the circle. also that middle weird part in the center like tye plastic molded up weird,leaves me to believe its a qmeg. only way i could be positive is seeing it in person lol . does it have flashing? is it on the nose or the bead? i see the xout stamp so stamp wont help regardlesa.

the color also points to ce qmega as all ce aviars were consistently dayglow yellow. that one looks greenish dayglow and qmegs were the only ones to have colored ce of the ce aviars/qmegas

@Moose - i think its CE just from seeing some dayglo CE Aviars in person in the past...this plastic looks very close in color and transparency, to me at least ;) Unfortunately, I don't have any at my disposal to compare to side-by-side.

@Booter - the heavy flashing is along the nose (almost 1mm wide at some points), but there's also some flashing on the bead too, just not very much. The weight written on the bottom is clearly in pen, but the faded "A" looks almost like sharpie and I can't see any kind of pen marking beneath it. I was thinking about playing the Rivery tourney next weekend...if i do, I'll bring the disc so you can get an expert eye on it :)

Thanks for the info guys! Regardless of what it is, its a sweet feeling disc...i guess its going back to the shelf on the off chance that I start throwing sb Aviars again.

Hey Rusty this is Phillip, I have seen that disc before i believe it is an omega. Sheffield has the twin, but it is an aviar. I am no expert so dont take my word for it, take it to the guys who would know. But from what i remember the nose on the aviar is a little more blunt, but heck, who knows?

rusty, ill look at my qmegs and aviars tonight to see if i can find any mpre differences in them. im 80% sure thaat its a ce qmega though. mainly because none of my ce aviars have that center deformation in the plastic.

DSC02664.jpg

yeah, I know, I should know my pre-barry's but I recently came into this opaque, non-pearly max weight pre-barry. Fingerprinty as hell, wondering where this fits into the spectrum of pre-barry's and if it's late ce?

so if a buzzz has a wasp tooling that doesnt necessarily mean its a 1st or 2nd 1st run right? i am uneducated in the ways of discraft, someone please help me out! i just got this one on here, cryztal clear buzzz from the 04 worlds, wasp tooled, and i know nothing about these things haha...

cryztalWASPtooledBUZZZ.jpg

DSC02664.jpg

yeah, I know, I should know my pre-barry's but I recently came into this opaque, non-pearly max weight pre-barry. Fingerprinty as hell, wondering where this fits into the spectrum of pre-barry's and if it's late ce?
Nice Plastic Man! Almost looks like proline...

DSC02664.jpg

i definitely doubt its late ce. late ce woudnt be opaque like that. id say its pro line plastic of a sort. nice disc though

got it from dudley shusterick on ebay (1alltime)
I've just never seen one like this... :)

okay i know this is a sb aviar but i was trying to hold it for biscoe since he mentioned he likes the ones marked av putter.

so what is it? special? chains aviar with tourney stamp or something???? Glong wants it and so does a few others....to me just dx and beat!!!
Nikon00002045.jpg

sb aviar, pink, 174, 6/10 ink av put on back ink Biscoe? http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af228/mattelnino/TD/Nikon00002045.jpg

That stamp is back from when I was playing tournaments, late 80s-early 90s. I would guess that's a San Marino Aviar and if it didn't have the course stamp it would have either the chains or grid stamp.
That's my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts