• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought this off of eBay, it's a Sparkle Force. I know they made sparkle forces for the players cup a few years ago, but I've never seen any with a team stamp. Anyone know the story behind this?

22963204.jpg

I cant help u with any info on it, but I can definately help take it off your hands :hfive: how much?

Can't seem to find out what this is... got it on feebay like 2 years ago and kind of forgot about it...
Anybody know Millennium?
photobucket-3830-1322627504286.jpg

photobucket-4192-1322627241399.jpg

photobucket-7374-1322627211192.jpg

It has a chalky feel, almost like Lat's Zero plastic

Last edited:
MJLS, probably

Thanks, so nothing special right? As in, not worth anything more than $8-10? Is M the baseline plastic/still in production? LIke I said, I'm really not familiar with Millennium's plastic (only really thrown QMS/MS and Q-Sentinels)

M = Millennium plastic. It's their baseline and the equivalent of Innova Pro. As to the value, I'm not sure. The Barstamp might bring it up to 15ish.

My buddy gave me this disc, he found it in Texas no name or number. The front is pale yellow looks like it jist sat I'm the sun for months and faded the plastic. The back is still bright yellow. It's a dx roc. Anyone know who's signatures these are?

IMAG0193.jpg

IMAG0195.jpg

f6639a4c-e5ad-49d3-8bf8-904186e407a4.jpg

175 champ starfire misstamped. Local dg'er thinks it could've been a proto type, but I'm kinda skeptical on that. Any clues or ideas?

I asked this question in the "Noob Question" thread but was pointed here. The question is; Is there a way to differentiate first run Discraft from just vintage? e.g., I'm looking for a first run Cyclone but can't find any info on how to tell the difference. Thanks for the help guys and sorry for the cross post.

Can't seem to find out what this is... got it on feebay like 2 years ago and kind of forgot about it...
Anybody know Millennium?
photobucket-3830-1322627504286.jpg

photobucket-4192-1322627241399.jpg

photobucket-7374-1322627211192.jpg

It has a chalky feel, almost like Lat's Zero plastic

It looks more like a Polaris LS or possibly the super rare Polaris LFX. I say Polaris because of the nose and top. The JLS top is smoother and not as blunt on the nose

Last edited:
f6639a4c-e5ad-49d3-8bf8-904186e407a4.jpg

175 champ starfire misstamped. Local dg'er thinks it could've been a proto type, but I'm kinda skeptical on that. Any clues or ideas?

Could be a proto. Many times team members get a new disc sent to them before they are released. Sometimes these discs get a bunch of stamps like the one you have.

So it is not entirely out of the question that its a proto.

Then again, it could just be an x-out...

I asked this question in the "Noob Question" thread but was pointed here. The question is; Is there a way to differentiate first run Discraft from just vintage? e.g., I'm looking for a first run Cyclone but can't find any info on how to tell the difference. Thanks for the help guys and sorry for the cross post.

it should say first run somewhere

it should say first run somewhere
Most of the first run Cyclones did not say "PDGA Approved" on them. Other than that, there was no "first run" stamp for the Cyclone that I was aware of.

I've had people claim that Cyclones that did say "PDGA Approved" on them were first run, but I don't know how you would verify that. The plastic feels different on the early runs to the later runs (early TP is stiffer, less rubbery feeling than later TP) but all I could tell you from the feel is if it was an early or later run Cyclone. I just have to assume that somebody selling a Cyclone with "PDGA Approved" on the stamp as a first run is full of ****.

I doubt this pertains, but just to add.....

Fr esp clones are white with team stamps.
If looking for a fr tp to throw, itd likely be easier to get a glo one.

I picked up a champ TB at the Bob Rob today... It looks like it has a plus rim but is marked TB. It is also a CAL mold. Are they using CAL molds to mold these?

Posted this in the wrong thread the first time.

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts